Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
brought the whole machine in for a few reasons: i wanted all the components on the boards checked-he replaced some out of spec caps and resistors that weren't bad but on their way to failing in addition to the things that were definitely not working.
-he can also check for broken wires or bad traces, etc which wouldn't have been possible if i just brought the boards in
-he needs the whole machine to function check it to verify that his repairs were successful
-no estimate though
as for the price i'm not sure yet. he's put a lot of time on it and has had it for quite awhile now. partly because as he troubleshoots he's found bad chips which i then order (so i can save the process time by researching and buying the chips as soon as he tells me what he needs. that way it's gets done ASAP) and then ship to him. then he's on to the next problem. gave him a copy of the same schematics i gave you in hopes that they would help somewhat even though it's a slightly different machine. but i don't think they were that big of a help. as we've stated before, not having schematics adds a large amount of time which translates into cost.
now that it's finally wrapping up i'm guessing it'll be a few hundred bucks when it's all said and done.

Does he have a business or does he do it from home. Could we get a contact number as I will be going to Portland on Friday and could drop off a machine. Thank You don