Thread: Satomi Miracle Arrange Ball - "Hustler"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Satomi Miracle Arrange Ball - "Hustler"

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    If nothing else I have learned about arrangeball machines and their components is that anything you do to try and make it work right can have both good and bad results. The reason I told him to fix all of the bulbs and check the ball drop area and the contacts is that just messing around can fix something that is stuck. I have learned alot while trying ( lol ) to make mine work and am always trying to improve mine. I am happy that the hustler is playing like it should. I am down to ten arrangeballs and seven are working like they should and one is close and one is far and the other one is a work in progress that might never work perfectly but I am trying. Sometimes when you get help it helps and sometimes the smoke flies. But help in my case is always appreciated. Now if Jeff would just sell me one of his machines I would be a buyer. Like I need another one LOL. But their is always room for another different arrangeball.
    That's good adviceand frequently fixes any issues. I had two dirty ball pocket microswitches on this same machine when I got it. Took me forever to narrow it down to those two since they looked fine and made the proper clicking sound but their internal contacts were dirty. Circuit boards are a different story since I have little ability when it comes to that. My Buffalo machine is getting fixed at a local place that I was lucky to find. Long story short, the machine powered up but that was about it when I picked it up a long time ago and until now it's been on the project backburner. Anyway, 3 total IC chips were bad and had to be replaced. Currently the machine works fine with the exception of the payout button not working. The chip responsible for this is a 74150 and costs a couple bucks apiece and is on order since the repair guy had none in stock. That data might help someone out with a similar issue but could also release the magic smoke unless you know what you're doing.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

2. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Satomi Miracle Arrange Ball - "Hustler"

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    That's good adviceand frequently fixes any issues. I had two dirty ball pocket microswitches on this same machine when I got it. Took me forever to narrow it down to those two since they looked fine and made the proper clicking sound but their internal contacts were dirty. Circuit boards are a different story since I have little ability when it comes to that. My Buffalo machine is getting fixed at a local place that I was lucky to find. Long story short, the machine powered up but that was about it when I picked it up a long time ago and until now it's been on the project backburner. Anyway, 3 total IC chips were bad and had to be replaced. Currently the machine works fine with the exception of the payout button not working. The chip responsible for this is a 74150 and costs a couple bucks apiece and is on order since the repair guy had none in stock. That data might help someone out with a similar issue but could also release the magic smoke unless you know what you're doing.
    So did you take the whole machine in to the local place? Do you have any idea what they charge?

Where is the place and do they give estimates?
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12