Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Kind of Sankyo is This?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What Kind of Sankyo is This?

Wait I just noticed that your machine has the easy to remove back. Do you see the white tab thing in the clear box above. If you turn all those the back mechanics just pop off. which means getting that cover off may be fairly simple. It looks like you just have to squeeze the top of it to pop its tab out of the holder; and then pull up on the case; and boom it is off.
    Last edited by mxfaiman; 01-15-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

100 machines and counting...

2. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachinkojeff View Post
    Don't give up! Persistence pays off! I've found that if you can fix a pachinko, you can fix just about anything!
    Thanks for the encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by takethecastle57 View Post
    1st Welcome to The Site That Never Closes I have not seen that particular Sankyo vintage pachinko model before so you will be giving this Community here some great insights to this fantastic looking pachinko machine !!

I do hope that when you get this beauty fully working that you will make a youtube video of it and post the video link here on Your Thread .
    Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to post a video on Youtube when I finally get her working.

Quote Originally Posted by pachinkojeff View Post
    Does this picture help? It's from a Sankyo power tulips. It has a panel that I removed to take the picture. It also has a microswitch that your machine wouldn't have.

That does help, thanks! I'll still need to see what the rest of the arm looks like, but I certainly don't expect anyone to take the whole thing apart just to snap a picture. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Although, if it's possible to give me any insight on what the other end of the arm goes to, that'd help a lot. I have a vague idea, but I'm unsure of the details. It goes to the jackpot, right? Or the seesaw or something.

Wait I just noticed that your machine has the easy to remove back. Do you see the white tab thing in the clear box above. If you turn all those the back mechanics just pop off. which means getting that cover off may be fairly simple. It looks like you just have to squeeze the top of it to pop its tab out of the holder; and then pull up on the case; and boom it is off.
    Are you talking about a white tab thing in the clear box in the picture? I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but whatever it is, it sounds hella useful! I'll try to find something like that and see if I can get it off. Although, if I'll have to open up the lock on the machine, I can't really do that yet, because I don't have the key.

And yeah, all the switches and missing electrical components are all a mystery to me. I think it's best if I just focus on getting the game itself to work.
    Last edited by Aozame32; 01-15-2012 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Aozame32

Thanks
    Thanks Received

UPDATE: Okay, so, after my last post, I took a quick look at the machine and I know what you're talking about now, mxfaiman. I squeezed the top and bottom of that plastic cover and it popped right off with no problem. I then located all of the easy-off switch things (I think there's only four of them). I'm hesitant to try them, though, because there are still all sorts of things connecting the back parts to the rest of the machine. I'll probably tinker with it more later.

Now, my biggest concern is that missing arm piece. Could anyone give me the specifics on how it works? From looking at it, I'm guessing it's something that rests in the chamber where the jackpot balls drop down through. Maybe the balls push it down and it, in turn, pushes the rod up so that more balls can be placed in the jackpot? I have no idea.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK...lets try another picture with a wider shot. If the missing arm that I'm thinking you're referring to, it is a linkage that is connected to the solenoid for the power tulips. When a ball entering a tulip triggers the soleniod. The solenoid opens and closes two bottom tulips via this linkage. You may have a power tulip machine that has had the linkage and solenoid removed. Do you see any screw holes where the solenoid might have been? Top left corner under the top ball tray. Can't seem to get second picture rotated...should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise...sorry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pachinkojeff; 01-15-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Yukamin Zaki

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Aozame32 View Post

Now, my biggest concern is that missing arm piece. Could anyone give me the specifics on how it works? From looking at it, I'm guessing it's something that rests in the chamber where the jackpot balls drop down through. Maybe the balls push it down and it, in turn, pushes the rod up so that more balls can be placed in the jackpot? I have no idea.
    excelant discription..

dont get to hungup on Pachinkojeff's machine.. your is not a power machine like his.. the balls pass one at a time threw the jackpot seesaw.. (Its like a regulator one ball a time) then the ball falls one the jackpot arm.. (the part your missing) it has a pivot point near the rod you have found.. the other end (the left end) has a spoon like end for the ball to fall on and ride down.. once at the bottome the weight of the falling jackpot balls from above lift the gate allowing the ball to fall out the bottome of the machine..

please take a new picture to the left of the picture in post #21

if you look at the back pic you first posted that is a ball jame of 8 to 10 balls.. that is where the missing piece sould reach to

hope that makes sense
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

UPDATE: Okay, so, after my last post, I took a quick look at the machine and I know what you're talking about now, mxfaiman. I squeezed the top and bottom of that plastic cover and it popped right off with no problem. I then located all of the easy-off switch things (I think there's only four of them). I'm hesitant to try them, though, because there are still all sorts of things connecting the back parts to the rest of the machine. I'll probably tinker with it more later.
    glad to hear you got the cover off. The only thing is when you take off the back make sure you open the front chrome frame. (latch on the right. big long thing with a loop in the middle. just lift up and push forward) There will be a little lever that goes to the ball loader that is about the only thing you need to watch out for when taking the mechanics off. Everything else just rests on the back so no issues there.

(trust me the removable back makes it easy to work on. )

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a picture from a different machine but this will give you an idea what it looks like. You are right, when you get a jackpot it does drop on this arm and push it down, this will cause the chain reaction back to the jackpot payout.

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to tommy4132

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well some of us take a ton of pictures of the machines during disassembly to make sure that when we get to putting the machine back together that we have reference pictures to help us .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

14. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by tommy4132 View Post
    Here is a picture from a different machine but this will give you an idea what it looks like. You are right, when you get a jackpot it does drop on this arm and push it down, this will cause the chain reaction back to the jackpot payout.
    Thanks for the picture, dude. It helps to actually see what it looks like. I just wish I knew how it was suppose to move in relation to the connected parts. Does anyone have a video?

It would be so great to see a fully-functional pachinko machine in person. (But that's wishful thinking at this point. )

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the part is covered in the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEhvJSQqQA8

check time point 2min 36 seconds into the video..

then ya can se it in action at 3 min 50 seconds..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, dude, I saw this video before. You posted it earlier in this thread.

Unfortunately, I'm so unfamiliar with pachinko machines that I can't really tell from the video what the entire arm is suppose to look like and go. I can't really see through the brown-colored plastic well enough. I know it's connected to the rod, but I need to be able to a)make one and b)install it perfectly so it works like it's suppose to. I'm afraid I'm going to need a video of an uncovered pachinko machine with someone explaining the process in more detail, but like I said, I certainly don't expect someone to go through all the work of making that happen.

I'm actually thinking about calling up a restoration service and seeing if they can at least help me out with the missing part.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a picture of a machine I recently reconditioned. (Ignore the yellow circle and arrow - I put that on the picture to help someone else out with the jackpot reset.)

On the right side you can clearly see the rod connecting to the payout trigger lever. The top of the rod attaches to the small peg on the jackpot mechanism with an 'E' clip (available at ACE hardware and Lowes), and the bottom of the rod (on this machine) attaches to the trigger lever with an E-clip as well. I'm not sure if it's the same on the Sankyo. I have an extra rod and trigger lever from a Nishijin parts machine if you would like to try it - it might fit. Just send me a Private Message (PM) with your mailing address and I will ship it to you.

Jeff

Last edited by JACKSJE4; 01-18-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It would be so great to see a fully-functional pachinko machine in person. (But that's wishful thinking at this point. )
    Well if you want you could drive up here. I have a few that are functional. (I'm in Irvine basically) If you want I can also cut you a deal on a machine.

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2