Thread: Pachi Sell/Swap

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Red face Pachi Sell/Swap

Im just throwing this out here, has anyone every mentioned or even had a sell/swap meet centralized for all those will to attend, got a list of people willing to travel for such things, or kind of arrange a pony express type sell/swap for those that won't or can't attend, kinda like setting up a pachinko/pachislo parlor where everything is for sale or trade... Im living in Missouri and I would be willing to travel for such an event, I think it would be very interesting and you could meet people you have only talked to one here... ITS JUST A THOUGHT...
    Last edited by techdiver; 11-05-2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: THREAD NAME

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to techdiver

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachi Sell/Swap

Several years ago there was a PachiCon in Las Vegas that was attended by 8-10 members (I think). The main purpose was to meet, and some brought their machines to show off and allow others to play. There was also a planned trip to the Pinball Hall of Fame, Hoover Dam and the like.

I tried to revive PachiCon the next year, but interest was low and logistics were a challenge. Feedback indicated that we would need two PachiCon meetings - one in the East and one in the West. The biggest challenge was agreeing on the locations, finding dates that would work for most, and cost (some of our members live on a shoe string budget and cant afford to travel).

Your idea of a Pachi Swap is very interesting, and I would think it could be incorporated into a PachiCon event.

Check out these threads for more history and feedback on the PachiCon events:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/thes...on-anyone.html

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/thes...hi-con-go.html

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...-pachicon.html
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What about a central location right in the middle...it would be easier for both sides and the top and bottom to make arrangements for travel...Im fairly a new pachinthusiast but it seems like it would work...

Stuck in Podunk, Ne and long to move back to Southern Ca.
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Like yourself I'm centrally located (Lincoln Ne) and could see some advantages of putting something together in the Midwest. There are many inexpensive places to hold such an event and accomedations as well as being plentiful could be quite reasonable compared to sites like Las Vegas or either Coast. Slow but sure we are getting more members in the Midwest and I always look forward to see new member locations. It seems to me that the concentratrion of Pachi owners is in direct correlation to the recent post of Pachi locations and where the abundance of machines can be found. I have driven considerable distances in the past to snatch that rare Pachinko I can't live without! I'm in favor of a Central location for a Pachivention.
    Quote Originally Posted by techdiver View Post
    What about a central location right in the middle...it would be easier for both sides and the top and bottom to make arrangements for travel...Im fairly a new pachinthusiast but it seems like it would work...
    Spiderman-Sinbad-Ultraman P/P-Onimusha-Gamera-Juggler-Onoki-Gundam-Hanabi-Tiger Mask-Tomb Raider P/P-D'bl Diamond-Takarabune-Beast Sapp-Tekken-Yajikita-Twinkle Stage-Duel Dragon-Popeye-Speed Racer-Million God-Jaws-Gladiator-St.Maria-Let'sDance-Indy-RoboCop-Julie-Palot

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How about Denver? We could plan it around the next Rocky Mountain Pinball Expo.

http://www.pinballshowdown.com/
    Last edited by JACKSJE4; 11-06-2011 at 11:41 AM.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good idea to plan it around a pinball event. I think in this stage of the hobby an additional event is necessary to get decent numbers to show up. Still going to need a good number of machines to attract a crowd, preferably interesting and hard to find models. I don't know that I'd travel too far to play a vintage that is basically the same as most others. Ideally get some 50's machines, hard to find moderns, arrangeballs, etc to have a broad spectrum. I'm on the West Coast now and am busy with closing on a new house (entire basement all mine for 10 or so pins and can finally display all my arrangeballs at once/workshop but I digress). Point is, I'll be busy for awhile but I'll donate an arrangeball for the event if someone wants to truck it to the convention. Sitting around talking about pachinko might be fun for awhile but having a good number of machines to play is necessary, IMO.Contrast that with a pinball expo where there are plenty of other things going on such as seminars, vendors, etc.
    Last edited by emmadog; 11-06-2011 at 12:33 PM. Reason: N
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

9. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If a meet is not too far and I can drive, I will bring my arrangeball, an assortment of my 1950's machines, a few British Allwins, and my Star Wars. If we can get TailTrauma to join us, perhaps he could bring some of his hanemono machines. They are sure fun to play.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That sounds like a great assortment. Most members have not played those machines I bet.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I personally havent played many at all... I had a nisijin years ago.. and just recently got three to start my new collection, I dont have to worry about this wife or my pachinko going anywhere...lol. Denver is ok...