Thread: Noob having trouble

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Noob having trouble

Hi
    Just purchased a Super Jackpot and WAS working perfectly. Today however it refuses to do anything but light the fluorescent bulbs on the door. No fan no medal light nothing...can anyone help me gain my sanity back?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Noob having trouble

first off

Welcome to Pachitalk

have ya tried doing a full reset??

In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens or credits
    being played. Locate internal toggle switch (red tipped or silver with on/off tabs)
    or insert key into internal key switch (if your machine came with 2 keys).
    Machine must be turned OFF. Turn key clockwise or flip reset toggle switch to
    the "ON" or "ODDS" position. Turn main power switch ON to access
    programming mode.
    A number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on the CREDIT meter on the front door or
    on a display inside the door. Locate the reset button. This will be located on
    your power supply. On SAMMY brand models, the button is on the inside of the
    door only.
    Depress the button and notice movement of number being displayed on the
    credit meter. Once the desired level is displayed (1 to 6) pull "spin reels" handle
    (black or red knob on front door) down, like you are going to spin the reels, to
    lock odds level into machine memory. Turn key switch back or flip toggle to
    "OFF" or "PLAY" position. Machine should immediately initialize. You will know
    the machine initialized if the "Insert Medal" light starts flashing. If not, make sure
    you remembered to press down the "SPIN REELS" lever.
    If it still doesn't initialize, turn power to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and
    turn power switch back to ON position.
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Mopar for replying….MUCH appreciatedBut I actually was able to do everything with the machine such as reset it and change odds before last night. The funny thing is NOTHING happens when I turn it on except the 2 110v fluorescent bulbs come on. Seems anything that runs on 24v is dead….everything…..the biggest sign is the cooling fan always turned on as soon as the on-off switch was thrown, but now nothing….no lights on the display, no fan, no movement….dead machine….Did I lose the power supply? Is there another fuse possibly besides the obvious one on the front of the PS? That seems ok because I have the lamps working and when I take it out they then quit. Thanks again …any suggestions or direction is welcomed!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to papermonsters

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk.Have you checked the connections from the power supply to the rest of the circuits, or a loose ground. It could be a loose wire inside of the power supply. Before you check any wires make sure it's unplugged.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would also check fuses. Not just visually but test them. Also go direct to the transformer and check 24vac is coming out of the transformer. As per Yose, isolate power before removing fuses and checking connections and extra care when testing the transformer as one side will be high voltage.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the information ...I will check all these suggestions this week...I got a little side tracked this weekend finding a very clean Luster/Teken-Koshin Burning Heat Waver cheap...no coins were comming out...stuck quarter in hopper