Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: KAN LESS...Electric model A !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: KAN LESS...Electric madel A !

the white box has a slide that is spring loaded to keep it closed.. it appers to hold the winning balls??? its an interesting thing??? more to come

you machine appers to have wires hanging down where the white box would be on your machine... are they for the bell or just dead ends??
    Last edited by Moparformances; 08-25-2011 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    the white box has a slide that is spring loaded to keep it closed.. it appers to hold the winning balls??? its an interesting thing??? more to come

you machine appers to have wires hanging down where the white box would be on your machine... are they for the bell or just dead ends??
    Those wires are a modification someone made to trigger a jackpot from a push button mounted below the front lower tray. Kind of like a dongle for a vintage! I am going to leave it even though it is incorrect because it works, and this machine isn't going to win any awards! The "ball counter box" has been missing since I got it, so any (many) pics would be greatly appreciated! The cover over the jackpot tray on mine is also missing. It appears to be a hinged cover from evidence on mine and pics of the one you have. As you can see, the jackpot tray has been broken and repaired also. The bell is electric, and is the only bell on the machine. It rings briefly when the jackpot solenoid is energized. It is strange to hear an electrical bell on a vintage. Most damage is plastic stuff which can be fixed easily. This circuit board has been hurt pretty bad! It is behind the blue cover, under the jackpot tray. Mine has a white relay and was held in place with electrical tape. Although it works, I plan on building from scratch, or transferring components to a breadboard. If you happen to get this deep into the machine please post some pics of this board to help me fix / duplicate mine. Nice looking machine!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, closer inspection shows that this linkage is broken.problems 001.jpg It moves something if I pull it... But stays still when I flip the lever. I also noticed that yours has a switch at this white door.problems 002.jpg The screw bosses are there, but no place to plug the wire in (goes in the middle of the other two). This part looked differentproblems 003.jpg Closer examination showed that linkage is badly bent.bent 001.jpgbent 002.jpg Strange how when things work, you stop looking for problems! There is also a missing clear cover on the ball lifter motor.problems 008.jpg The screw on yours made me look for evidence of one ever being there. No screw hole, but staple holes make me believe there was one once there. Keep the pics coming, the more I see, the more I learn!

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

does anyone know exactly what this is?? I can't stand it any more! what is it? What do the wires go to? PICS?
    it appers to hold the wining balls?? looks like it needs power but at first look i dont see where it would come from?? like some kind of counter[/QUOTE]

Thanks
    Thanks Received

see if this helps make more sense out of it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTTMGZEDY5M

Pachiwall if ya need more pics of an area, shoot a pic of yours and ill try and match it... im hoping to have the machine done and able to return it tomarow or Monday at the latest.. I still have some fine tuning and lots of cleaning but it seems to work now..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The small white cover with a micro switch next to it...

Mine has the small white cover...but no micro switch Mine don't even have the plug in where the switch goes. Have you been able to determine what the switch does? Can you press the switch and see what happens. I've wondered if the Sumo wrestlers were motorized and wrestled when a jackpot was hit. I know you need to get it back soon, so that is my most pressing question. thanks for the video. My motor isn't that loud. was that just electrical interference with the camera, the overly sensitive camera microphone, or is the motor really that loud? Thanks again it is really cool to see another one. even though mine is in rough shape, I'm glad it works, I know I can clean it up and better fix some of those jankey repairs!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pachiwall; 08-28-2011 at 11:02 PM. Reason: supersize

10. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    The small white cover with a micro switch next to it...

Mine has the small white cover...but no micro switch
    Mine don't even have the plug in where the switch goes. Have you been able to determine what the switch does? Can you press the switch and see what happens.
    well i have a guess or two but who know..

take a look at this and let me know what ya think??? all ideas welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2r_zTdCiKc

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2