Thread: "Ginza" Single Shot on ebay

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question "Ginza" Single Shot on ebay

Found a fresh posting today for Ginza single shot unit. Looks to be all there & to be 1950's. Seller will do local p/u only in the Silver Springs, MD area. Too bad on the no shpping, at $30 start it looks like a nice unit. Hopefully someone in that area can snag it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to ShopratFab

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: "Ginza" Single Shot on ebay

I thought I'd add the pics for future reference:

00ginzafr.JPG00ginzabk.JPG00ginzacl.JPG
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have it! $75 was easy, $160 in gas from Dayton Ohio was hard. Not unhappy, after carefully removing plastic cover, I realised where the loose wire went (resets The payout seesaw). I h my EEate that it was painted black, and when I strip it, it will likely lose the original finish! If wood looks good, I will finish with boiled linseed oil( looks good on my M1 GARANDE!). I have untouched photos, and I am cleaning/polishing now. I don't know how to get these photos to all of you! If anyone can inform me, I have watched this forum for awhile but can't figure out how to contribute! Bye the way, it works, and was worth every penny!!!
    Last edited by hanabi; 03-10-2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: removed email

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I have it! $75 was easy, $160 in gas from Dayton Ohio was hard. Not unhappy, after carefully removing plastic cover, I realised where the loose wire went (resets The payout seesaw). I h my EEate that it was painted black, and when I strip it, it will likely lose the original finish! If wood looks good, I will finish with boiled linseed oil( looks good on my M1 GARANDE!). I have untouched photos, and I am cleaning/polishing now. I don't know how to get these photos to all of you! If anyone can inform me, I have watched this forum for awhile but can't figure out how to contribute! Bye the way, it works, and was worth every penny!!!
    Congrats on your Machine

looking forward to seeing pictures...

Click hear for How to Post a Pic
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some pictures I took before cleaning anything. You will notice a wire dangling aimlessly, after removing dingy cover over payout seesaw,I could see that it reset the payout seesaw by pushing down on it. The cell is in very good condition with no water stains, just a little dirty. No pics with the glass out yet.051.jpg063.jpg056.jpg057.jpg061.jpg065.jpg049.jpg050.jpg068.jpg I have a few more pics, but am having a difficult time learning this process. feel lucky to get this far. THANKS FOR THE HELP! The ashtray don't flip over like most. It has a spring loaded trap door! The glass is 1/4" thick! I will try to show updates soon. I will be happy to answer any questions about it or how it works.

10. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice early Machine

looking forward to seeing pic of the finished restoration
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congrats! I wanted to bid higher on that, but tax return wasn't back yet, and I had my limits. She looks great. Dayton, Ohio? Holy moly, I was looking at a 30 min drive. I don't know if I'm more jealous about the machine or the M1. I've got a Mosin and an Enfield waiting for their American counterpart. Oh, and yeah, definitely get rid of that paint and keep us posted.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Does anyone have an easy and effective method of cleaning rust stains off the cell? I have used simple green with no good results. I don't want to spray anything on the face as there are no water stains around the pins.I have had some success with using plastic polish and a small buffing pad on a Dremel tool. I'm afraid of heat damage if i get even slightly carried away! I've done damage to plastic covers on the back before, but that is nothing compared to damaging a nearly perfect cell! I've taken more pictures but for some reason, even though I've loaded them into my hard drive; I can't get access to any pics beyond the first folder. Every time I load more pics my computer adds a new file, I can only access the first one. I don,t know if it is because I don't have the software for the camera or if I'm just not using the "Gp Advanced" features correctly. When I figure it out there will be more pics! The "artist" who painted the front removed the Ginza plate and painted under it but painted around the plate around the ball insert hole. I pried on the Ginza plate and was able to get the nails out without damage. I almost broke the other plate using the same method. A safer was is to use a small flat tip screwdriver lihe a chisel and work opposite sides of the nail until it is up high enough to grab the head. There will be scratches to the face but they will polish out, cracks and breaks are forever! I used a paint stripper on a small test spot. the white paint stayed, but not great looking. Not sure if I want to keep original finish bad enough. will probably strip to bare wood. Need to stop staying up till 3 or 4 am working on this thing!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

there is a special spra that is shiped in japan for cleaning the cells... other members have used products like windex and such but the risk of cell damage is to great.. i have invested in cans of cell cleaner i got from member "New in Town"... great stuff

hear is the exact thing ya need

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...l-cleaner.html

there is a pic of the cleaner there as well

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachiwall,

Glad to see a member who can get it back into shape got it! Keep the updates coming! By the way, I'm finding Griots Garage Plastic Cleaner & the Plastic Polish work pretty well on the cells and it doesn't seep in. It's not cheap but it works.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I told myself I wasn't going to stay up all night working on this machine again. I was wrong! The Sankyo pica cell cleaner looks great, but I can't find any for sale. Thanks for the info I'll keep my eyes peeled (that sounds creepy every time I say it!). I stripped that nasty black paint off tonight. I haven't even tried to make it pretty yet, and the difference is amazing!!! I can't believe anyone would have painter it black, and with crappy paint to boot! The original white paint didn't stand a chance, the chemical Knows no historical value! It probably had lead in it anyway, and the environmental (key word mental) police are probably on their way! Very light colored wood with white paint filling the grain. I will probably rub it with boiled linseed oil to protect it. Open to suggestions, once it is oiled paint will never stick.Pics taken, but haven't tried to load yet. I still have problems with this electronic stuff! I'll keep you posted.

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ginza is cleaning up nicely 285.jpgPolishing brass on back. Stripped to bare wood.322.jpgCleaned and polished plastic covers.287.jpg261.jpgAfter and before(still working the learning curve on posting pics!) Polished ball tray,it was cruddy & oxidized. It is cast aluminum crudely finished with an irregular surface, screams old. The ashtray dumps from bottom. This is before polishing.268.jpg The cell is nearly mint with no water marks or blemishes. It is dirty and I'm suffering through endless hours of Q-tips and plastic polish. If only someone lived near Dayton with a Sankyo Pica Cell Cleaner.294.jpg295.jpg292.jpgThe glass is 1/4" thick, and the machine is significantly lighter when it is removed. These windows confuse me...293.jpg on my newer single ball machines, this is what I call a jackpot malfunction chamber. If the payout seesaw is down, the ball will be redirected to this chamber. Once reset a lever on front activates a plunger that lifts the ball (viewed through vertical window) Back into the payout lane through seesaw for jackpot. This chamber is sealed with no entrance or exit. If seesaw is down, ball rolls around, down a track and returned to ball tray. No jackpot for you.I have other pictures but I think I have used my limit per post. When finished I will take it out in sunlight, set camera on highest resolution, and hope the beauty shows. Buy the way How can I rotate pics so they are not sideways?

20. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

after i take pictures and befor i save them to my computer my picture programs allows me to rotate and then save the changes..

can you try takeing another picture of the jackpot seesaw area.. (less flash) the over flow mech does not look exactly right but the flash makes it hard to see..

posably a pic with the seesaw up and another one with it down...

great job cleaning it up

22. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

276.jpg274.jpg279.jpg280.jpg278.jpg277.jpg275.jpg273.jpgWhen you say"overflow mech", are you referring to the mechanism dealing with what happens when you hit a jackpot & the seesaw is down? If so, this one is different than any I've seen. The ball rolls on top of seesaw, falls off to the rear into a cup that surrounds seesaw, rolls around seesaw and into a track that sends it back to ball tray on front. In short you don't lose your ball, but you don't get a jackpot either. On the whole back pic, the wire going down to the left is the seesaw reset. When jackpot, 15 balls from a brass tilting track pour onto a track that the top of this wire is attached to (nut & bolt soldered, no (Locktite back then). The weight of balls tilt this track down. This does a couple of things; it lifts a bar that releases the center jackpot door, and pushes down said wire that resets seesaw. The balls that just caused this action then refill the center jackpot. Someone made a U-tube video that demonstrates this well. I could make a video, except I'm still learning how to post stills. If anyone wants to see anything closeup, let me know. Looks like everything on back is intact and original. Good reference material for someone trying to fix, replace or fabricate something!

24. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Buy the way How can I rotate pics so they are not sideways?

Not sure what programme you have on your computer for pictures, but when I open 'pictures' on my own computer, it is using 'Microsoft Picture Manager' which i think is pretty standard??

If you have this too, then you just need to click on a pic and then one of the drop down menus along the top marked 'picture' and this will provide a list of options, one of those is 'rotate and flip', click that and you can rotate the pic until you are happy with it, then 'save' it and you're good to go

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, this seems silly; I simply responded to a thread. How do I start a new thread? I can't find a starting point! I even typed "how to start a new thread" in the search box. Didn't work. HELP!

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Go to the forum you want to post in like "eBay - General Auction listings" or "Modern Pachinko" or whatever and above all the threads on the left is a red button that says "+ Post New Thread" in it..click that and there you go..From there its the same as doing a post except you also have to add a thread title!!

There is a how to in the General Site How to's forum, but its out of date since the software update..So I shall go update it now!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

29. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss