Thread: Azteca Play Questions

docendo

Default Azteca Play Questions

Hi folks again! Been playing the Azteca and I will have to do something about the volume, already flipped the 3 position switch down to low, but it is way too loud, I'm afraid it's gonna scare the grandkids!
    My main questions are about actual play. We have hit a number of bonus/big bonus rounds, and it seems you cannot lose in this mode. I wonder though about when we get a message on the video screen that says 'roulette', or it goes into 'challenge mode' These do show interesting video clips, but do not seem to have any effect on gameplay.
    I realize that with most of these machines one has to just sit and play until it makes sense, but any input to make it easier would be appreciated. Thanks all!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this will help you a little

http://translate.google.com/translat...3Doff%26sa%3DN

click on search on top of this page and type in azteca legend, it will give all the post made here about it. :lol:
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Azteca Legend should have a menu on the screen to enable you to change the volume. This menu comes up when you insert the reset key. I think I heard that this model does not hold its volume settings when the machine is turned off, but at least you can lower it when you need it to be softer. I have the similar model Outlaw. My menu shows a picture of an eighth note and further instructions are in English.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For some reason this one will not hold it volume setting. I tried and tried and tried to get it to do it. Finally, l-pads! It was such a necessary mod.

You can change it everytime but you'll also be reseting the machine everytime. :-?
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Gaku does one heck of a job on that site. Can't wait till he actually opens up and is selling some machines.

Utopia1dc

Awesome link!!! Now it's starting to make more sense. For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to figure out the LCD screen with the game play. This explains alot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Odds setting help

Can anyone tell me how to set the odds on this machine? I've tried the basic steps, but doesn't seem to change anything. Have yet to get any sort of bonus mode.

Also does anyone know what you use the "game" control panel on the left for?

This is my first machine and kinda new to this so sorry for the dumb questions. While I can speak enough Japanese to get to my hotel room, I can't read a lick! :lol:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Turn off the power, turn the reset key, turn back on the power, notice on the door (outside) that you have a number showing between 1 and 6. Somewhere on the machine and I have no idea since I've never owned a rodeo machine, there is a button, either on the door, or on the power supply or close by and it's a push button. When you push this button you will notice the number on the door change. When you get the number you want, 6 is easiest, tap the joystick one time and then turn the reset key back again.

That's all there is to it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

8-) Ahh so! I was not turning the power swicth to off. Thanks very much!

UnEZ

I just received a Azteca: The Legend Returns, the chrome one (2004), from Stealth Home Amusements. Excellent shape, plays well, but I have 1 big problem. According to all hints I read on the machine, the buttons change colors for a hint what reel to spin under special circumstances. Well, on the chrome Azteca, the buttons are *always* red (even powered down, they are perm colored red). How can you do the special plays if the buttons don't change colors? Makes it impossible to do, almost never hitting bonus rounds.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My guess is the REEL lighting changes colors, not the buttons. The light shining on the reels is likely the color change. That's a common way of doing it. :wink: (But, maybe they do change the button light color at times, too?)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lucky Cats reel stop buttons change color from red (when reels are stopped, or before it's "ready" for you to push buttons) to screaming neon BLUE..just a lighting change from behind is my guess....might that one have something similar that's unplugged or something?
    Kelly
    Marine Carnival, Kiwame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Azteca returns and Azteca Legend are different. The returns does not go into a challenge time and the stop buttons do not change color. Almost all the rest of the play is the same.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I stand corrected. Checked over at gaku's site and see that the reel STOP buttons do change on the Azteca Legend. Take a look at this review and how to play the game. Think you'll enjoy this!

http://www.bigbearpachisloshop.com/m...000present.htm

EDIT: OOPS, sorry Laz, I see you said above that the Atzteca Legend (the onereviewed on gaku's site) and the Azteca Returns act differently. :oops:

mack115

Hi all, just bought an Azteca Legend returns, and whenever we get into the bonus round, we play through it and at the end we get the "payoff" and then the letters "CT" show up on the screen and it plays this annoying little tune over and over. The only way that I can stop it is to reset. Any other suggestions? I'm sure I'll have more questions as time goes on but for now...help!
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like one of the switches on the power supply are on, one of those switches forces a reset after a bonus round if you turn this switch off it should solve your problem