Thread: Single Shot Pachi Raleigh, NC

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Single Shot Pachi (Raleigh, NC)

I was surfing the net and came across this Pachi on Craigslist. I wanted to alert the community that it had been posted.

Craigslist for sale click here

Can anyone out there identify these machines and figure out about how old they are?

And does $50 sound like a deal, or should he be offering less. Thanks in advance for your help

--Stephen

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to OneBigTuna

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Single Shot Pachi (Raleigh, NC)

Without seeing the backside, I would guess that this pachinko dates to the late 1950's or early 1960's because it has a metal door frame that swings open. The early to mid 1950's era machines that I have seen didn't have a door on the front - the glass slid out the top. A picture of the back side would really help me to get a more accurate date.

If all the parts are there and the machine interested me, I would offer $45-$50 for it.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Single Shot Pachi (Raleigh, NC)

Best I could do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Jeff,

I have contacted him and will be going to take a look at it this evening. For the 20 minutes or so of research and comparison, it looks to ne a "New Gin" of sorts, but the age I have absolutly no idea, I will refer to your judgement.

What I might do is take some pics with my phone of the back and front and ask pachitalk again. When I try to compare craigslist pics, they are grainy and usually overall low quality, especially when looking at something as detailed as a pachi.

I'm pretty excited as this would be my first single shot assuming everything checks out. I might take a relative along to have some company, and to help look things over.

Thank you for your help, and I will be sure to keep pachitalkers? Updated with what happens.

--Stephen

Thanks for uplading a pic!!

PS: Congrats on your 5001st Post on the site!!!
    Last edited by OneBigTuna; 11-11-2010 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to OneBigTuna

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One suggestion (if you have them)...

Take some Pachinko balls with you (about 200-300) and run them through the machine while you are there. Fill the top hopper to make sure everything works. If you can't get it to work right, then you have a bargaining chip to negotiate the price down. Just a thought.

Good luck!!
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

50 seems fair.. but cell conditoin would be a huge factor as well...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, UPDATE!

So I went and took a look at the machine. I brought along about 100 balls to run through and check out if it was in working order or not. Besides being mostly dust, the mechs seemed to work.

The glass is dirty as all, but it seemed able to clean up. After shooting a good amount of balls through it and checking the jackpots, everything seemed to work.

The coolest thing was the little window over the flipper that stored the balls that have landed in a tulip and kept them untill the ball tray in the back was refilled.

It was extremely dirty and some of the parts were a little sticky, but i was confident that it was not bad enough for me to say no. So long story short...I bought it. I offered $40 and we settled at $45. With it working, it was a fair price. The cell was not damaged when I looked it over, just dirty like the rest of the machine.

Overall, I could not find the maker or brand, the only thing I saw was "BESTA" on the back. After a little more digging it looks like a ?Maruhon?

Below are the pics I quick snapped with my phone before loading it in the car. Any additional info will be helpful, I plan to get better shots from my digital camera when I get home this weekend and I'll upload them in the regular vintage forum then. Meanwhile, that you all for the help and advice!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by OneBigTuna; 11-11-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: had to rotate the pics

14. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to OneBigTuna

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking Pachi
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congrats on your Pachi rescue!! She's a beauty!!!

Although it's really hard to know for sure, based on the photos of the back, I would estimate the machine was built around 1963 or 1964. The mechanics are an early model B style, yet the machine is clearly a single shot. I recall reading a thread here on PachiTalk where someone was able to date a single shot conversion machine (meat grinder?) with early Model B mechanics at 1965 or so.

Another clue for me regarding the age is the fact that the majority of the back is still made of metal, but the jackpot hopper and ball chute are made of sturdy colored plastic. I don't believe these types of plastics were seen in the production of machines prior to 1960. All of the 1950's machines I have seen had only a few of the brittle clear plastic covers on them (if anyone knows differently, please correct me )

Anyhow, regardless of the age, I thinks she's a keeper - a great example from that period of Pachi history! I am looking forward to reading about your restoration progress and seeing the photo updates!

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

17. The following user says "Thanks" to JACKSJE4