Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beast Sapp for 202.50

Thanks
    Thanks Received

bsap just curious what was your max bid on the machine you won?

bsap

Quote Originally Posted by RKnarr01
    bsap just curious what was your max bid on the machine you won?
    $232 - basis: was a reserve of 300 on several Beast Sapp auctions but I figured that is what I consider low retail for eBay I am only a deal buyer and couldn't pass this one up (would keep me around that 300 mark with shipping), wished you had waited, would have been a bit less :-). However I would feel a bit bad for a vendor that couldn't get at least $200 for this machine - I am still happy with it, and am severely itching to try it out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm sure the Sapp is like the Hanabi Hyakkei and the Monkey Magic of the same year... I have those two. Volume wise, the switch gives you Loud, Louder, and Ear-Shattering (WHAT???). There's no volume control in the menus. You'll have to tone it down another way.

Hint: If there's even a chance loud volume upsets the wife (from what you're saying), better reduce it before Christmas day! :wink:
    Worst case, put a 47 or 68 ohm resistor in series with each speaker... until you can get an L-pad or something. I used to think the L-pad was the only answer... but have been running this way on a few now without problems. To my ears, this value seems to work, and allows some adjustment in that switch, too. I know... the L-pad is the ideal way to go... but if you're in a pinch... :wink:

Hey... you don't suppose she already got you a slot, do you? :grin:
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Isn't the user menu accessed when the reset key is inserted and turned?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

is their a way to fiure out what the menu in beast sapp say and how do i access the menu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i just picked up my beast sapp from milt and the machine is amazing. milts company offers the best customer service and machine quality from any other company that ive dealt with he definately has my business.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Stealth has a "Scratch & Dent" Beast Sapp for $179.

From the pics it doesn't look too bad.

http://www.stealthhomeamusement.com/beastsapp.html[/url]
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've give this to Milt. At least he has a scratch and dent section and doesn't stick it to people like some "VG" vendors do!

His prices on his website ususally suck, but this one seems to be a decent deal.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

im tempted to buy it for resale

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, cause you could pick it up and avoid shipping giving you even more profit potential!
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by RKnarr01
    im tempted to buy it for resale
    That's right pick it up for resale so you can stick it to some poor schumck! :grin:
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nothing wrong with a little mark up... 8-)
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Markup as in the marks from the scratch 'n dent? Or markup with price? :wink:

I snagged that Sapp machine from Milt's scratch 'n dent. FedEx said I wouldn't see it until Monday, but it came yesterday! (12-31) I was surprised at that! With my Hanabi Hyakkei and Monkey Magic, this kind of completes the "set" for the Aruze/Eleco 15"ers of that year for me. Cool beans!

I've had worse looking machines that were supposed to be perfect. The scratch (down to white plastic under the chrome) is on the right side of the door... not noticable at all unless you look on that side. Even then, it's acceptable to EVEN ME :wink: ...since I knew about it in advance and figured it was worth the discount. Plus, like I said, it completes a "set".

This machine is a hoot! Funny as heck, IMHO. I'm not one for K1 boxing or that, but some of the looks on Sapp's face are priceless. And the scenes of him eating are too funny! The "Sapp Game" bonus has him dancing with two Japanese girls, to the ORIGINAL version of KC and the Sunshine Band's "That's The Way (uh-huh, uh-huh) I Like It!" The real tune... not a MIDI version. Not a big point for a 70's rocker like me (Disco STILL sucks! :roll: ), but funny to watch!

Ah, yes... the girls in some of the other sequences are cute too. 8-)

I'll do a writeup on this one when I get the time. Yeah... time... right.

Anyway... there is probably a reason for Sapp machines leaving Japan... and maybe Aruze dropping the machine from their site. He lost a match or two, but still holds out for more money to fight. These started coming across right about when he lost his last match.

Last night, he did fight again, but only managed to take a bout to a draw:
    http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...p;eventid=2771
    Not much to force more money, but people still like to see that big guy swing.

I also noticed this when I did a search! Seems that there will be a remake of "The Longest Yard" to be released around Memorial Day. It stars Adam Sandler, Chris Rock, Burt Reynolds, and some other "big boys" from WWF and other places. Sapp is in there too! He's in the movie here, pressing the bleachers! LOL!!!
    Check it out! :
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo..._longest_yard/
    The poster there shows him in the back left.

Maybe he'll make a comeback... maybe not. I've got a cool machine either way! We've been playing it for hours now.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

lompocdaj

Default Volume on Beast Sapp

Did you ever find out for sure if the volume on the Beast Sapp is on the menu? If so, do you know what I look for on the menu? I did some menu reviewing but don't see anything that looks like a volume control section. What does the volume on your ohter Eleco models look like? Any help would be appreciated.

DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    Beast Sapp is an Eleco model. They might have their volume control in a menu. I've not seen this machine but my other Eleco's that have had video, have always had a menu option for it. Azteca Legend and K1.. The outlaw was also in the menu.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check my review in the pachislo museum i have a link to a pic if you cant find it pm me

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on fri i snagged a beast sapp from demos777 for 168.50+ shipping. i hope i still get a nice machine from milt i hope he dont base the bid price on the quality of the machine. i am one of those bargin hunters and the price was perfect. but i have been noticing that machines have not been grabbing big bucks lately.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

milt gives a quality machine regardless of price , and yes the machines dont get the prices they do around the holidays the summer months and so are the better months for buyers to snag a good price

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Worry not about the quality of your machine, Milt's staff doesn't worry themselves about how much a machine goes for they are told what to refurb, and they do it, same quality for everyone, no matter the sell price. Ands if I remember right, he has the machines all ready to go before the auction is ended, so there is no delay in shipping. I remember seeing a row of machines in the office that looked like the ones he had up for ebay last time I was there.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lddrizzt
    Worry not about the quality of your machine, Milt's staff doesn't worry themselves about how much a machine goes for they are told what to refurb, and they do it, same quality for everyone, no matter the sell price. Ands if I remember right, he has the machines all ready to go before the auction is ended, so there is no delay in shipping. I remember seeing a row of machines in the office that looked like the ones he had up for ebay last time I was there.
    He right, a $1 or $1,000 if it was up it goes out, Milt is that way.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2