Thread: While we're talking about Pachislos...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default While we're talking about Pachislos...

Can anyone tell me anything about this machine I just got a couple of weeks ago from Craigslist? I went to pick up a Sankyo pachi for $15, and he also had this for $35...untested, I offered him $40 for both.

The Pachi is a great machine; it was worth the $40 to me by itself. As far as this (I assume it is a Pachislo, but I have no idea), it DOES power up, but I don't have a key to the door, and so far, I haven't got it to do anything.

#1 - Ideas on getting it opened up? Drill through the lock???or, are there "master type" keys out there that I could try (it is the circular lock)

#2 - Can anyone tell me anything about this machine? If it works, I assume that I made a good deal for $25...if I can't get it to work...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: While we're talking about Pachislos...

By pachi I assume your reffering to a pachinko?a pachi could mean pachinko or pachislo. No biggie i figured out what you ment.
    Anyway there is a hole on the bottom of the machine. its possible to reach in there and trip the door latch. There is also a hole in the back of the machine. once you get it open hopefully there is a reset key. If yes do a full reset. If not remove the key switch and install a toggle. There is plenty of information on on that subject, just do a search.
    Its a pre 2000 basic model made by Tayio. Not much as far as game play or bells and whistles. $25 for an as is machine is a fair deal. $50-$75 would be about a fair price for a fully working one.
    Last edited by Chrisdice; 06-21-2009 at 04:08 PM.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the info.

Any ideas on getting the door open?
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Bigdog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Triumph, Pre 2000 machine. 1, 2, or 3 bet.

Type-A, five Lines. Made by Taiyo.

Found a Hopper problem thread from 2008 that has a couple of more Pic's.

Triumph Hopper needed
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

7. The following user says "Thanks" to new in town

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am copying what Chrisdice wrote about the door for you.
    Anyway there is a hole on the bottom of the machine. its possible to reach in there and trip the door latch. There is also a hole in the back of the machine. once you get it open hopefully there is a reset key. If yes do a full reset. If not remove the key switch and install a toggle. There is plenty of information on on that subject, just do a search.

You do not have to drill out the lock. I would never do that.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

9. The following user says "Thanks" to FTKServices

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many thanks to Chris and FTK for the advice on opening the door. I turned it on it's side, and was able to trip the latch from the hole in the bottom of the machine...once I got the door open, I unscrewed the brackets on the inside wall and now the door opens and closes freely.

Once inside, I found a mess. Lots and lots of tokens all scattered about...inside was/is nasty as hell, it is going to take a bunch of cleaning.

Currently, only 3 bulbs work. None of the other electrical aspects of the machine are currently operational. This is going to be another "test dummy" for me. At this point, it probably wasn't a good usage of $25 for me to pick it up...simply because I have no idea if I will ever get it to work. That said, I did pick up a nice pachinko with the deal, and that is working fine.

For now, it will just be added to the stack of machines needing cleaning. If I can't get it to work, I'll just re-post it on Craigslist and find someone else out there who wants to tinker with it. Apparently, there is never a shortage of us out there.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

depending on were in TN. I would be glad to take it off you hands if you don't want to fix it. I am just south east of knoxville.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER