Thread: A Crab - but it ain't mine!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default A Crab - but it ain't mine!

As many of you know my wife limited me to 5 machines and now I have 6.

Well, my cousin has recently taken a new job in Atlanta Ga, and is moving from Texas. As he was cleaning out his garage, he came across, of all things, an old pachinko machine! Well, he posted it on Craig's list and then a day later got to thinking about it and remembered that on my personal website I have a page about the Jukebox I restored. (I swear this is true!) He then thought, I wonder if Rusty would like to work on this thing and that way we could keep it in the family. (I'm tellin' ya, this is how it went down!) So, he shot me an email having NO IDEA that I was the Pachinko obessive that I am asking if I ever heard about a pachinko and if I would be interested.

I was floored! My wife... no so amused. Well, after discussing it with the wife, we've decided to adopt it as a foster child and get it cleaned up and then find some one in the family that would be able enjoy it.

Generally I get a machine and the emmerse myself in the garage for days until I get it done. I think this one will get a more in depth restoration treatment as the colors are great, the cell has only minor water damage and the chrome is in pretty good shape. Plus, if I pass it around the family more will come to enjoy the fun of Pachinko.

So, here are the initial photos. As you can see from the 'close ups', it is quite filthy.

It has a transformer and 7.5v lights... so I'm gonna pull this guy off, test it to determine voltage and then see if it can drive multiple lights at one time. If it does, this solves my quest for just such a device to drive all my machines.. .I'll just convert them all to 7.5v bulbs and build a connection box (with operator notification lights) to house the transformer.

I've seen this center pocket design before... anyone here have it?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rusty Key

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to wrkey