Thread: omron lock problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question omron lock problem

the key which came with my machine does not operate the lock.I have seen arby's lock modification.however,my lock does not have the cover plates to remove the tumblers.it has a round housing instead,but still would take the same style key. looks like the lock has to be completely taken apart from the back to remove the tumblers.would that wreak havoc with that button on the back of the lock,making my lock useless if it isn't already?has anyone done one of these?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: omron lock problem

I actually doubt that your Julie would have a different style of lock...
    On the front they look round, yes, but when taken out, it will look like in the pictures.
    Julie comes in a lumina frame which, to my knowledge, has the standard omron locks in it.
    Why don't you take the lock out ? it's only 2 screws on the back.

By coincidence, i've done the mod you mentioned on a Julie the pinball just 2 days ago...

It's really just following the guide, but be sure not to touch the little button.

I've fixed my lock in less than 15 minutes, but i left in the outer 2 pins on 1 side so it doesn't turn without a key...
    This is in my opinion better than a lock which is loose.
    If you take off the covers, a lot of stuff will fall out, pins, springs, extra filler things... If you insert a couple on the right manner, you can make the lock work with any key you want.
    If I've got time, i'll take pictures of what I did to my lock tomorrow so this is a bit more clear.

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Hello_kitty

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a second style of omron lock used in pachinko machines, I've seen both types used in Lumina frames.

Unfortunately all my locks of the type not shown in arby's guide are all keyed to the standard pachinko key, so I've not investigated whether it's possible to modify them to accept a normal key. Though after taking another look at this style of lock mechanism (and drawing on my experience with re-keying other types of lock), I would expect that you would need to have the correct key present in the lock to disassemble it.

If you have purchased the machine with a key that doesn't fit the lock, then talk to the seller and see if they can help with a replacement lock.

5. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i did remove the lock from the machine.it is not the same as the one which arby modified.i think i will disassemble it and try to modify it.i believe i saw locks and keys available,so if i screw it up i can replace it with a new one.if this works,i will post pictures. HPIM0098.jpg

7. The following user says "Thanks" to pinball wizard