Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ringu around the rosie

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ringu around the rosie

True MrGneiss, it's just been enable for the shooter, the loan part should still work fine.

Deton8r, got all that music you sent on my phone, listen to it daily! sushi sushi bar goin to a sushi bar!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for the delay in replying (been very busy around here for the last few days!). Going from the manual for the Fuji Pallet Cube frame (as I don't have any machines in this frame myself)...

The Blue wire harness goes to the payout control board, the white wire harness goes through the machine to the front tray (and the card reader buttons and LED display). If, as you say, the shooter stops working when the blue wires are unplugged, then logically the modification has to be on the board with the card reader connector on it.

The mod is usually something (ie a solder blob) linking one side of one of the opto-isolators (the small white 4-pin chips next to the connector and immediately above the fuse), but could also be on the wiring harness connector. From the pictures in the manual, it looks like the case for this board is easily removable, so there shouldn't be any need to melt through the plastic to get to the board, and the mod may be very neat and almost undetectable. A photo of the front and rear of this board (preferably with the case removed) might reveal the details of this mod to someone who knows what to look for.

Most of the time if a machine has been modified so that it doesn't need a dongle, it doesn't effect the card reader functions at all and the game functions perfectly with an emulator dongle. If the mod is on the card reader connector board, then it is almost certainly one that will not have any effect to the operation of the dongle. I've only come across one machine where the mod stopped the dongle working (as it removed one of the signals the dongle needs to work), and in this case the mod was obvious and easily removed.

3. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll pull the board and post some pix. I tried to get some shots with my point and shoot but the glare was really bad. I'll try and bust out the Nikon DSLR with some filters to see if I can get some better pictures for you. The board doesn't look touched to me.

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to deton8r

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2