Thread: Ball lifter ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ball lifter ideas

yes we will use a gear reduction to slow it down and we are trying to locate a motor instead of using the grinder.The size of the wheel would be large thinking 4ft. in diameter and space isnt really an issue.After i get the thing running I would like to incorporate the mechanism with the pachinko somehow.What I mean by that is dress it up a bit with some chutes and eye candy.If we run it faster we would have to elongate the ovality of the pockets around the outter edge of the wheel.Im pretty good with woodworking and Ill leave the electrical stuff to my brother who knows alot about electrical and gearing.One thing I am a little conscerned about is the wheel itself being slightly warped.I will consider other options but the cost would be an issue I want to make this whole project feasible for under 100 dollars.If anyone wants a functioning ball lifter I strongly suggest just ordering one thru ARBYCOFFEE.I am trying this more as a side project of my endlessly tinkerin mind.Does anyone have any suggestion on the tilt angle of the wheel itself and also any suggestion on the side it will tilt leaning away from the machine or towards the machine and player.Im thinking away with the balls coming out above the destination loader tray and ramping it around each side of the top of the wheel.But yeah any way thanks to everyone who has chimed in and I know this is an endeavor that has been tried many times before and I appreciate anyones suggestions.TTYL,
    Matt

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lyo.1984