Thread: Kagetu has arrived!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Kagetu has arrived!

Kagetu just arrived! I want to do a proper review but I dont have the time right now!
    One thing I will say is that it came without FEET!!!! WHY??????????????
    I have some questions.

1 Has anyone fixed lights such as the blue lights that are out in the top?
    Are they accessible without taking the entire front door apart? If they are LEDs is there a way to test or replace them? First pic is from Valley Gaming the way the lights should be. The second pic is what I have!

2 There are four lights 2 on the bottom left and 2 on the bottom right of the Moon. In order they are RED,Green Orange and Blue. You can see them in the 3rd pic The Red on the left is lit are the rest out? Or do they just light one at a time for a certain sequence of the game? If they are out it looks like it will be tons of work to replace. I hope they are bulbs!

3 The entire lock assembly is gone key and all! Can it be replaced? Calling Arby! I am going to wall mount this machine so I will need a lock and key!

Its really an Elegant Cell sorry about the poor pics but I wanted to rush these questions out. Full review soon!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Kagetu has arrived!

play it for awhile your lights may all be ok, all the lights don't always go on at once, just thru certain sequneces.

check the ad and see if a lock was in the picture or not, some vendors don't give them or keys.

feet you usually get aren't good enough anyways, 2-12"-1 by 4's will do in a pinch
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

4. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The dead door lights are a common problem on this frame. They are LED's which are soldered onto circuit boards and the door has to be dissassembled to get at them. It's not a complicated project, just time consuming.

As I don't have this game I can't tell you about the cell lights.

The door lock should be a straight forward replacement although getting the correct trip dog could be an issue.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    play it for awhile your lights may all be ok, all the lights don't always go on at once, just thru certain sequneces.
    Not sure about the four lights under the moon I will have to play it (after I put some temp feet on tomorrow) to test them out. The bluelights on top are out for sure as they should be on during the draw mode.
    Led Zepplin

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have this game and got it from VG. Had to go through a half dozen of their "ready to ship" machines to get one that was in working order. Did eventually get one that is in great condition. I love this machine.

Beautiful... great attract mode. The 4 lights that you are talking about indicate what "season" you are in. The machine glows different colors depending on whether it is spring, summer, winter or fall.

If you leave the machine on for awhile, it will cycle through all of the lights and you will be able to tell what is working and what is not.
    Last edited by H20Dreams; 02-23-2007 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

This game is all about the four seasons, Winter (Blue), Spring (Green), Summer (Red), Fall (Orange). They light up in reference to what season your in (in the game). Also the video background should change to that season.

When you first fire up the game, press the button down on the lower left corner of the case. It should cycle the lights of the frame.

H2ODreams, your just too fast for me!

Eddie, you need the third one now!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Eddie - Congratulations on your purchase...sorry you got it from VG. I got mine from them also and had similar problems with the LED lights. Valley promised to help me out, but never did.

From the feedback I received here, it's a real pain to fix or change out the LED's so I've left mine as is (I have two blue LED's out on the top). Search for "Fever Flower Month" (that was the name I used for the machine) and you can read what others recommended.

The game is beautiful and has a great fever round. I really enjoy the difference in the machine compared to the others I have and currently play it more than the others. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
    Pachinkos: FEVER FLOWER MONTH, ROBOCOP, FEVER POWER WONDERFUL, POPEYE
    Pachislo: Speed Racer

12. The following user says "Thanks" to 2unes

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    This game is all about the four seasons, Winter (Blue), Spring (Green), Summer (Red), Fall (Orange). They light up in reference to what season your in (in the game). Also the video background should change to that season.

When you first fire up the game, press the button down on the lower left corner of the case. It should cycle the lights of the frame.

Eddie, you need the third one now!
    I used the button after start up as you said and it cycled through everything and the 3 colored lights did not come on. I guess I have a problem with them and it looks like it would mean taking the whole back of the machine apart just to get to them! this for any better term sux. I have an OCD and its driving me crazy having lights out!
    Led Zepplin

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    I used the button after start up as you said and it cycled through everything and the 3 colored lights did not come on.
    What 3 lights do you mean? The button only cycles FRAME lights (everything around the edge). If you mean CEL lights, they come on based on what season sequence the game is in.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay then I guess its still in the same season. I have tried cheating it by dropping hundreds of balls into the jackpot to see if that may change the seasons to light the other cell lights but no luck and no fevers yet either!
    im talking dropping at least 500 balls in the chute!!!! The transformer is very hot I will replace it. It must be real cheap.
    The ball shooter keeps stopping intermitantly something must be worn in the shooter or the motor brushes (If it has brushes might be worn).
    Led Zepplin

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you dance with the Devil, expect problems
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    When you dance with the Devil, expect problems
    True I have no one to blame but myself!! I read all of the posts saw all of the warnings but Dahlia wanted it for her apt so I took the chance.
    I will get it all fixed but it will take time. It would be nice not to have to do all of the work that it will be involved (Tracking down parts plus installation of them). Stay away from Valley Gaming unless you want to spend time and money refurbishing/repairing a machine.
    Led Zepplin

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I beginning to believe I should put something about agreeing not to buy from them into the terms and conditions of use of this site...
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Eddie - Regarding being stuck in the first season (spring season, with red light and flowering tree in background of LCD), the machine likes that season the most. It goes through the other seasons much quicker with the winter season being very short in comparison. I have found that when you turn off the machine, it will start back up in the spring season no matter where it was when turned off. Typically, I leave mine on for that reason. When it goes to the next season, the machine will give a loud sound and the light indicating the season and the background LCD image will change. The summer season will show a green light and the LCD will show a running waterfall and stream. Hope you get through all the seasons soon and finally get to the nice fever rounds. BTW, the lightining images and light show on the case during the fever rounds are really nice.
    Pachinkos: FEVER FLOWER MONTH, ROBOCOP, FEVER POWER WONDERFUL, POPEYE
    Pachislo: Speed Racer

26. The following user says "Thanks" to 2unes

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah The lights of the four seasons work!!!!!!!!!!! No need to remove the cell frame. It took 6 trays worth of balls to see it go through the season changes but when it did each light came on perfectly. Now I only have to replace the bad LEDS on the top so things are looking up.
    Led Zepplin

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Eddie