Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: vbBux Points ???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: vbBux Points ???

Dawn,
    Thank you for the information. I didn't have any idea that all of this was going on or even existed. Does any of this information or an explanation exist on our site ? I feel that somehow I am either not with it or not in tune with the current level of Pachi humor and input from members. I have been a member for over two years and it seems to me that the tone and content of the site has shifted to an awful lot of non pachi subjects. I enjoy our hobby and I have learned a tremendous amount of stuff from my friends here, but I guess content and subject matter change when there is more input from a broader base of people. I guess that I should be more careful in getting involved in some of these off beat areas and just enjoy the questions and comments in things that are truly related to our hobby and hold my interest. Most of our members seem very smart and well informed about the machines and how to make them more fun and more interesting. Most of our members also seem to care about the feelings of other members and are willing to share ideas. Overall, I feel that we have been a positive influence on our hobby.
    Frank A
    Lower Delaware

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Frank A

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are absolutely right Frank, things have shifted a bit as we have gone on to become friends here. I believe it was a natural progression. Tulsa has provided those of us who spend an extraodinary amount of time here with a few things on the side to keep us busy and content. Of course, as always, when someone has a technical question, the knowledgeable here jump right in to help.
    Dawn

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess I'm guilty of the 'Extraordinary amount of time spent here'

I'm also a little Technically Challenged but still like to participate in as much of the Site as possible.....
    Although I sometimes wonder if my niche might in fact be those 'Offbeat Areas'

That's why I love this Site - very much - it gives people like me a real sense of community and belonging....
    and I've learnt soooooo much too!!

now that can't be a bad reason to embrace some of the more off topic areas as well as the Pachi thangs....

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Frank A View Post
    Dawn,
    Thank you for the information. I didn't have any idea that all of this was going on or even existed. Does any of this information or an explanation exist on our site ? I feel that somehow I am either not with it or not in tune with the current level of Pachi humor and input from members. I have been a member for over two years and it seems to me that the tone and content of the site has shifted to an awful lot of non pachi subjects. I enjoy our hobby and I have learned a tremendous amount of stuff from my friends here, but I guess content and subject matter change when there is more input from a broader base of people. I guess that I should be more careful in getting involved in some of these off beat areas and just enjoy the questions and comments in things that are truly related to our hobby and hold my interest. Most of our members seem very smart and well informed about the machines and how to make them more fun and more interesting. Most of our members also seem to care about the feelings of other members and are willing to share ideas. Overall, I feel that we have been a positive influence on our hobby.

There's many way I can go with this one. Suffice it to say this site is about toys, not just pachinko and pachislo.. It is made up of a community of people who enjoy all types of content and we aren't necessarily going to limit that, save a few subject like politics and religion.

Is it a little wacko sometimes? You bet! The less serious the better. I have set up two forums for people with issues who are in need of help, one for pachinko and one for pachislo. These are no fluff forums, meaning we don't allow posts off track of the initial subject matter. After that, we don't police them very much as long as they stay within the PG-13 rating and no name calling.

Since we are a site that is about game room toys focusing on our lovely Japanese wonders, we are first and foremost about fun as that is the point of game room toys. If I limited this to strictly pachinko or pachislo we would have about 10 posts a day and everyone would be bored to death. We weren't about that 2 years ago and we aren't about that now.

If you're simply looking for information, it's here, it's all here, but don't be surprised if some fun sneaks up on you in your journeys.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

8. The following 19 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent, Bossman. You said it well, as always!

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is a natural progression, get a group of people with similar interests together and they will share their ideas and find other common interests. For the few serious collectors the banter may seem silly.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2