Thread: Star Wars or CR Fireworks?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Star Wars or CR Fireworks?

I have a bit of a dilmea..

I started out looking for ONE Pachislo and decided on one the EL-Vision versions.

However, since shipping was expensive, I decided to buy a number of Pachislos, with a mixture of technologies.

One of the ones that I decided on was 'Beast Sapp'.. However, I don't like the 'theme' of any of the current Large LCD Screen versions, but it was the best of the bunch.

At the same time, i also decided to get a Pachinko and opted for 'Star Wars'..

However I have just been shown a machine which interests me called "CR Fireworks".. The reason its so interesting is that it incorporates the Large Screen technology that I want. If I were to get this one, I wouldn't need to get Beast Sapp and could get a different Pachislo instead (Super Black Jack).

So.. My question is whether anyone is familiar with the CR Fireworks model and whether its is in any way a better choice than 'Star Wars'.

You thoughts would be hugely appreciated

Jon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Star Wars or CR Fireworks?

As iv'e always been told on here go with the theme you like best. Another machine to take a look at is Top gun as i have been told this is a great machine to rivail Starwars.
    How did i find this site in the first place, why am i still here. Must resist temptation.

Curenttly owned machines ~
    Thunderbirds Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Star Wars looks great, but as I have neither of these machines I really can't compare them. Everyone is different. I personally like more "English" themed machines. That is why I chose Top Gun & Rocky. When people come over they recognize these themes and it seems to draw them in. THe lights on Top Gun are AMAZING, it does have a smaller screen though. It is very fun and so is Rocky. I like machines that will play well with guests as I seem to always have people over. EVERYONE seems to always love King Camel & so do I. And my Neo Magic is great for children. I would say go with what you want and the theme that seems to call to you and that way you can never go wrong.
    Neo Magic Pulsar, King Camel, Rocky Pachinko,
    Top Gun Pachinko

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

hmmm i got fireworks and top gun but couldent compair them as one is a full 20inch lcd playfield and the other is an english theamed machine that blows the socks off the compotition but im waiting to see how top gun compairs to julie pinbball in a weeks time

fire works is an awsome machine for the way the cell is a monitor and the sound and grafics are great but purley japanese i enjoy it but it is a case of pick a theam too but chek my review in the museum for an idea
    Last edited by drcrippen324; 06-15-2006 at 04:10 PM.
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am still new to the world of Pachinko and I Own 3 Pachinkos - Popeye, Star Wars and CR Fireworks.

I got my Popeye machine first, and loved it - played it, got the t-shirt until Star Wars arrived.

When it did...
    I started playing almost non-stop for over a week. I just could not get enough, I wanted to see what would happen next. If you're a huge Star Wars fan, this machine will rock your world. R2 D2 plays a big role in game play: He rocks back and forth-his dome spins around with a red LED and at times, (pseudo) holograms eminate from his anamatronic likeness...giving the impression he's actually helping you win and get to a fever round. When that happens the LCD plays scenes from the first 3 movies and the LED's GO OFF in timed sequence with the sound track- it's all pretty awsome. It's also very interactive-with Darth Vader giving you TWO different bonus games to try to match and go to fever. Plus a two level interactive game to shoot enemy TIE fighters on level one, and Vaders TIE fighter on level two(I've only done this once-I should've played the lotto that day). If you are a Millenium Falcon fan, the reaches will appeal to you, because the falcon flies to one of three "worlds" during reaches and super-reaches. Some other bonus stuff here and there will keep you entertained. But just when this machine is sitting, It looks awsome with the light show (I guess it's called attract mode). This machine feels more english friendly, or maybe it's just the familiar theme.

Now my CR Fireworks just arrived. The giant screen is awsome, The LED's are red with small blue areas at bottom, but the giant screen graphics make up for color variety. I haven't played long on this but it looks very cool, cute anamie pyro wizards build a fireworks display and go thru various stages of a show (so far I've seen three levels) - video is not as interactive by a long shot. The actual play field is cool in that it utilizes the whole 20" area and not just the left side, so it's funner that way. The 20" screen is just flat out cool - It's got that WOW factor. I am an avid pyromaniac, this machine satisfies to my need to see all things blazing and exploding. This will probably hold your attention longer if the same is true for you. It's been said, but theme is important when deciding what to purchase.

My Opinion: Star Wars still king (of my 3 machine universe anyway)!

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to TedNmary

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Having played both extensively, I can say that Star Wars is the better of the two. I'm not as much of a Star Wars fan as others here but I sort of thought that Hanabi was not really as interesting as I'd wanted it to be especially considering I like the Hanabi pachislo series.
    Player, not collector. ドルドル箱yo~~~!
    Check out my journal for translated pachinko guides and manuals.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TedNmary, that is the best review of a Star Wars machine I have ever read. You explained the gameplay so well I could actually visualize it!

Please be kind enough to post that in the museum!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So.. My question is whether anyone is familiar with the CR Fireworks model and whether its is in any way a better choice than 'Star Wars'.

It's only a better choice if you are buying large screen technology. We all buy for different reasons and have differing motivations so none of us can tell you which one you're going to like the best. We can only deal in generalities.

Star Wars is generally considered the better machine because it appeals to a wider audience on theme alone, it's interactive in it's game play, it has animatronics with R2D2 and a rather large 10 inch video screen itself. The quality of the video is incredible.

Remember though, most of these machines are fun to one degree or another again depending upon who's playing it. Only you know what your true hot button is and what's it's going to take to make you happy.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

so take a look at the videos in the museum if it is truley a toss up between the 2 or you may be suprised and find another that looks even better as you go thrugh the museum

it realy is like tulsa said down to personal choice and theam you like that will press your buttons

my problem is i seem to have alot of buttons so i like alot of machines for difrent reasons some cause they qurkey some for the tecnology some for there theam and some because the game play is so imersive
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do