Thread: Pachislo power usage?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachislo power usage?

My wife is concerned about me leaving my 2 Pachislo's running all the time and raising our elec. bill. Does anyone know how much a Pachislo actully draws? If leaving them running all the time is bad for them? Do the bulbs burn out faster or does powering them on and off more frequent cause more damage then leaving them running (I know the run 24/7 in the parlors) and do they really use that much power?
    Shine on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachislo power usage?

I am not sure, but I leave mine off when not in use. Seems like a waste of energy to have things on when no one is using them...
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

3. The following user says "Thanks" to H20Dreams

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you power them off do you use the power switch inside the machines? I have mine on a power strip that I can power off both at the same time, but don't know if shutting them down that way is hard on them or it it clears the memory and I need to start over on a play?
    Shine on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have all of mine on good surge protector power strip and power them on and off using the strip.
    There's no need to fear....
    Pachislo: Speed Racer, King Camel, Beast Sapp, Sindbad Adventure, Death Valley.Pachinko: Popeye, Fever Kagetu, Fever Circus, Spiderman Neo American: Red,White,& Blue Deluxe

6. The following user says "Thanks" to H20Dreams

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well most users shut there machines off with a power strip.
    I dont think its a problem as it cuts the power before the transformer so it doesnt stay working etc etc.

As for the memory, i have turned off my machine for 3 days in the middle of a bonus round and restarted it later and then just continued the bonus round with no loss of the game...

however this may vary from machine to machine...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Sid

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

this question has turned up many times you are fine powering up and down on the power strip with loads of machines on the 24/7 in a parlour runs off a dedicated 24v system and we use transformers leaving a transformer on 24/7 isnt good they get warm or short or well you get the picture its not a good egg one problem unsupervised = probable fire over a long period
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

10. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would also think keeping them powered off when not in use with extend bulb life.
    Shine on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well that too but main concern is a deep fryed cartert houshold

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well since bulb life is usually measured in hours of usage, i guess the less they are used the longer they last.

but there are theories regarding the turning on / off causing extra wear and tear.. but i am sure someone will chime in shortly regarding this...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mrs. cartert would not be too please with a fryed household either so powered off it is. Do enjoy the seeing attract mode though!

Working on getting a Pachinko soon also. Do they have an attract mode too?
    Shine on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a wall unit that measures power usage. I will plug one into it and see what it says.
    I got me 4 of dem machines but the names is all in foreign talk.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to bakpain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will check current draw on a few machines I have home and post an wattage range. Im leaving for travel to Alabama and wont return til either Friday night or early Sat morning. I can check the ones here at work and get an estimate.

However.. Power transformers used on these machines are wired secondary tothe power switch. This means the transformer always has 120vac on the primary side. Thus you will load the secondary and unload the secondary by flippin the internal switch.. This will cause undo strain on the transformer but will it damage. Might cause the internal fuse to pop when the load hits sudden.

But some of these 24 supplies have a protector to keep load shocks smooth and some dont.

I say power strip them that have transformers to be safe and power on/off by the strip.

Ifyou notice the 100 volt models use a very thin cable for household connection. I have no idea if this is the japan cable or a vendors mod. The power supply has a pretty hefty bridge rectifier in them, but it is a switch mode power supply which will regulate pretty well from a range design by the orginal company. They seem to be correctly sync and reference to ground (case of machine) to reduce shock.

I dont know if Japan has a UL system there, but I have not seen a label to say this is OK standards or listed.

But however, I will check this out for all and post when I can.

If you check your power supply and its a 100 vac unit, look at the fuses, this might give a clue to blow current and take like 25% to 33% off for normal current draw.
    My guess. Old out and flying

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Oldpapa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cartert
    Mrs. cartert would not be too please with a fryed household either so powered off it is. Do enjoy the seeing attract mode though!

Working on getting a Pachinko soon also. Do they have an attract mode too?
    this is just personal preferance an i dont doubt that someone will disagree but outa pachislo and pachinko i prefer the atract mode of the modern pachinko the light show and video footage of all i have so far is awsome compared to pachislo that i have seen but be warned they all have a 24v transformer in them and again need powering off when you not there or sleeping arby will chime in on this for shure

20. The following user says "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I turn my machines off i would worry about power surges and lightning strikes when left on , and the Florissant bulb's are rated in hours of on time

Here is a thred from a while back on it

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10464

Thanks
    Thanks Received

results:

static .75 amps 45 watts
    playing 1.00 amps 65 watts

less than I thought.
    I got me 4 of dem machines but the names is all in foreign talk.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to bakpain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bakpain
    results:

static .75 amps 45 watts
    playing 1.00 amps 65 watts

less than I thought.
    thanks
    i would have guessed less on static and more Playing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've posted this many times and have taken readings on many machines the above figures are correct , the power usage is minimal about the same as a Nintendo pack left plugged in the wall all the time (like you pull that every time you use the game ...yeah right) as for the machines with a power supply theres no problem with running them 24-7 they can handle it with no problem , the 24volt machines with a transformer are another animal , if you do a few things to safe guard the machine you should be fine there also : 1 get a good power strip with a surge protector and built in circuit breaker (this should be done for both types of machines) . 2 install a 3 amp fuse on the black line going into the transformer for overload protection (id do this even if your not going to run 24-7) 3 replace the line cord going into the machine with a three conductor cord and attach the ground to the transformer case mount and run a jumper from there to the ground strap found on most machines . follow those simple rules and you'll be safe to run it 24-7 and enjoy it as you would any other computer electronic device . if your machine has a power supply (doesn't need a transformer added ) your perfectly safe running it 24-7 but id still change the cord and add a good power strip with a circuit breaker and surge protector this is just good practice for any computer electronics item.your wife need not worry about the bill it is no more than a 45 watt light when left on in stand by mode have fun .
    Jeff

26. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the information everyone! Looks like i have some wiring mods to make to make them safe and last longer.
    Shine on