Thread: NOOB questions regarding cabinets

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default NOOB questions regarding cabinets

I just recieved an email regarding a new cabinet from Slot-Pachinko.com for pachinkos which looks sweet. I responded to the email asking if pachitalk members would recieve any incentives that I could pass on to everyone.

*** heard back no discount... says after first 300 sell price will increase 20%

This isn't the same cabinet maker we've seen on ebay for quite some time selling through slot-pachinko is it?

Anyhow, I am personally very interested in buying or making a cabinet for my pachinko and I have some very simple questions for those of you who already have cabinets.

1. Since the power switch button for the machine is in the back/bottom/center how do you turn the machine on? Do you use a power strip and leave the power button on the machine in the "ON" position so you can power up and down using a strip?

2. Do you use a key to open and close the machine to do maintainance if its in a cabinet? For example, I had a ball jam in the shooter and I had to manually flick the firing mech to force the balls backward and unjam the balls. If it was in a cabinet without a key and you had it wall mounted seems you'd have to take it the whole thing down or use a key.

3. I do believe I've seen a large hand sized whole for the window lock if you need to access the face of the machine.

OK last but not least... have any of you built your own cabinet? If so please PM me if you wouldn't mind sharing your design with me as I would like to try to build my own.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: NOOB questions regarding cabinets

1. You can use a power strip, or install an inline switch on the cord or put a switch on the side of the cabinet.

2. If you do Arby's lock modification which works on a lot of the machines, you can open the machine with a small screwdriver in the keyhole. Also, some of the vendors sell keys. Arby has them for sale most of the time.

3. My cabinets from Gameroom Cabinets have a 4" hole in the side to allow access to the back of the machine in case no key is available.

The below is a picture of the access hole on a case with a toggle switch installed at the back side of the hole to turn the machine on and off. (It's a bit difficult to see the switch...)

PICT2368 (Small).JPG
    Last edited by slotter; 02-09-2006 at 04:18 PM.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to slotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Slotter and others...

So there is no harm in leaving the power switch on the pachinko ON and using a strip to turn it off and on???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In pachinko links there is a Cabinet drawings
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by SChaos
    Slotter and others...

So there is no harm in leaving the power switch on the pachinko ON and using a strip to turn it off and on???
    Should be no harm at all. That is how many of us do it and there have been several threads about this method. In fact, just get a surge suppressor with an on/off switch and you will get a double benefit.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bought a gameroom cabinets cabinet and than I built a power switch and volume control knobs into it. It has worked out pretty well. It allows me to switch off the cabinets without having to bend down to the floor and makes it difficult for my 1 year old(Who loves Pachinko) to turn the cabinets on and off or get into any difficulty with an exposed power strip.
    Dalto
    -----

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is cool, dalto! Got any pictures? Be good to see how you handled it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately, they are all against a wall so I could not a great picture but here it is:

The top volume knob controls both top speakers and the bottom controls both bottom speakers.
    The power switch lights up red when turned on.

It is probably more interesting from the inside. If someone is interested I can take some pics of the next one I do when my new cabinets come in.
    Dalto
    -----

10. The following user says "Thanks" to dalto