Thread: Super Blackjack next to the Christmas Tree, the Bear Rules!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Super Blackjack next to the Christmas Tree, the Bear Rules!

After some helpful hints from the forum members, and much overkill research, I added to my big (1 each, woohoo) Pachinko collection with a new pachislo machine. With the Sinbad foremost in my mind, we headed up yesterday to Big Bear's, and after a long stopover at the outlet mall ,to actively insure keeping the wheels of progress greased with the wifey, we arrived at pachislo heaven.
    Gaku has a very nice shop right off the interstate, deep in the piney woods of east(ish) Texas. The showroom was not too big but super clean and set up with lots of machines, all on, ready to play, and cups of tokens placed around so one could check out all of them. Every machine was in like new condition, virtually mint. The warehouse area was very big, also incredibly clean, and machines everywhere in a variety of states, most being cleaned inside and out. I guess one could say it was similar to standing in Santa's toy workshop.
    One customer was just leaving with a Sinbad and two other machines, and for the next hour and a half the wife and I played, and I mostly worried, about which one to buy. A couple of side trips to the warehouse, one to actually touch a Spin Luck all nice and shiney. Oooooo. But most of the time was going back and forth between machines. Gaku was incredibly patient with my hand-wringing procrastinating-style of decision making.
    Sinbad was incredible, but so was Super Blackjack and several others. I really liked Gigafever's light display, but in the end I had to pick only one, and I chose Super Blackjack because it had more 'melodious' soundtracks which I thought might be more acceptable for a first time machine, and the variety of gameplay seemed to be quite deep(?) like Sinbad. If I could have gotten more I would grab a Sinbad and Gigafever. And there were some other close runners-up. One with a scanty-clad gal running through the jungle with monkeys and snakes chasing her. Great jungle sounds in the attract mode. It was cheaper but I didn't want the wife to get a frowny face due to the fact that the theme was..... different. (I kid, she wanted me to buy one (maybe to shut me up) )
    So we loaded the trunk up with Super Blackjack, and literally waved goodbye to the staff at Big Bear, with the sun setting through the woods behind the store, hooty owls a-hootin', and armadillos a-diggin', and drove home, back to lovely Houston chaos. The machine now rests on the ledge of the fireplace, adding it's display to the lights of the Christmas tree, and everyone is having a blast playing it. Set the payout level down to 3 so we wouldn't get so many payouts. It has, incredibly, no dust inside of it. It looks brand new. They must use q-tips to clean these machines!
    Many thanks to the staff at Big Bear's, everyone was incredibly helpful, patient, and friendly, along with great prices. I'll definitely go there again for (hopefully) my next machine.
    John

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to pachinkojohn