I can not fully describe the events of the last two days! I sit here exhausted and want to do nothing other than go to bed and hope that what has happened in the last two days was all a dream. Is is not on a scale of what has happened on the gulf cost or someones home getting destroyed buy a tornado or fire but is in some ways worse because it was a deliberate act by a local government that used there powers to do as they wished.
My former father in-law a man I have loved and thought of as a second dad for as long as I can remember has been in a battle with the local government about the state of his property for some time now. He is a good man and will help you any way he can. One of thoughts people that if you are hungry will give you something to eat even if he has not enough for himself. He has given shelter to people that has needed it and much more.
He has been a farmer all his life. Worked the family farm and when parents pasted away his siblings that are not vary nice people forced him to his small land next door. He has tried to do some type of farming on his own property even if it was to raise chickens and a few pigs for home use. He is seventy two years old.
He is not one to discard things he finds has some value. Some people think of it as junk, and to tell you the truth some it was, but not all. Antique farm machinery that is older then he is and in good running order is vary valuable. Tractors with there implements that were valued 5-10 thousand dollars each. Tools of all kinds, trailers that were road worthy and so much more that has true value to them. These with everything else you can Imagen around a house. Kids swing sets, dog houses, lawn ornaments, retaining wall block new and stacked for use, working lawn mowers to cut the grass. All these and literally thousands of dollars of things gone!
He was told to clean up but never as to what had to go or anything specific. Always vary vague. Go into your house or hard and Cleon up all the junk. If I told you this what would you say and do. Is that lawn mower that is broken, needs a part for the deck to get it working again junk? It is if a naibher does not like the way it looks! It is to old get a new one.
He was told that if it was in a shed it could stay no matter what it was. Then told the shed has to go. He asked what do I have to do to the shed or building to keep it. He complies. Then he is told he has to do something else. He again complies and told that is good enough to keep the buildings, so he keeps his belongings in them.
He is told after a long time that the next day a salvage crew will be there to clean up the property. They come. Every building that he was told he could keep they tore down! Worse the building was gone then everything that was in it was in sight and was then taken and put in trailers and taken to the land fill. That is except the tools that they picked out and was seen putting in there trucks to be divided later! This I seen with my own eyes! Everything but some odd machinery three tractors but without there implements that add to there value, some lawn mowers, and an amount of stuff that would fit in to the back of a pick up is left! He lives on five acres and the only thing that is there is a house and a small pole shed! So much for only cleaning up the junk!
Now to tell the real reason this all happened! His siblings own the property around him. The town Will be making a subdivision around his property in two years. His siblings can't sell there property for the subdivision unless the acreage that is my fathei inlaws laws is added to it. The town can't take it out rite or rezone it if he still lives there. He does not have any money. He lives on his social security check. Lawyers would not fight for him because there wasn't any money in it for them. Now that they did this they will tell him pay up for the cost of the clean up or we put it on your taxes. He will not be able to pay the taxes on this! They will then take the property and for close on it. I can tell you who will buy it and settle up the taxes on the land but I think you can figure it out!
This has ruined him! He has nothing left. I fear for him, for he has said there is nothing to live for! I tell him he has the rest of his family and my two sons that he loves dearly! I truly think this so far is the only reason he is still here.
I am sorry this is so long but as some of you know, I think of pachitalk as part of my family. This is only a small part of the story and could have helped himself out by not being so stubborn but in the end he could have complied as much as they wanted they would still have did this. They have an agenda and it has nothing to do with how clean his property was. The local government has so much power over a landowner it is almost unreal! The only thing different between a communist state and how this has gone down is that the communist state would have just taken the land and not bothered to make it look legit! Lazarus.