I was looking at a machine this morning from Pachinkopros.
Many of you are aware of their wonderful policy of standing behind their machines.
I read it & couldnt believe it meant what it said:

All machines are tested 100% and work perfect. SOLD AS IS once they leave the warehouse. We have ZERO responsiblity for what happens once it leaves our sight. They are fully insured if there happens to be any problems of ANY sort. ZERO RETURNS AND ZERO REFUNDS PERIOD!

Hmmmm. I sez to myself. So I sent an email asking for them to clarify their policy:

"Dear pachinkopros,
Ive been looking over this machine & was considering buying it. Ive purchased 7 machines in the last 3 months from various venders. They all stand behind their machines & any problems Ive had has been resolved, including one return. That gives me confidence to buy from them ! Your "No return for Any reason" policy is a deal breaker! Do you supply any support at all for the units you sell?"

This is their reply:

"These machines are built solid, period. We insure everything just in case there is damage to the machine during transit, we pack VERY well using all new materials. Our info for our machines is stated in the auction. The newer Spiderman, Jurassic Park, and Lord Of the Rungs machines all have a 6 month warranty, please check them out."

Hmmmmm, OK!?
I post this as a member in, well, if not good, then at least standing & thought it might help anyone make a more informed decision.
Ive decided NOT to purchase from these guys just due to the potential for problems down the road.
The prices (item & shipping) sure look good up front but if you ever had a problem...