Thread: Newbie just got a "CLUB RODEO" pachislo to play with

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sandwich Shooter AnythingObscure's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie just got a "CLUB RODEO" pachislo to play with

Hey y'all -- Tim from The Natural State here. I've long been a collector of most anything interesting (esp. if it plugs in/lights up/has moving parts inside) and my latest new funtoy seems to fit that bill neatly, also leading me here in the continuing process of learning more about what it actually *is*. :-)

Spotted at a local Goodwill store recently with an "as-is repairs required" price tag on it, I gave it a quick look (intact, anyway?) before declining the price then moving on. Later that nite at home (after a little help from google) I couldn't get the d*mned thing outta my mind so went back the next morning to look closer...a manager dude was then ever so helpful in actually dragging it out from behind the counter (so's I could actually plug it up and see what it'd do, which turned out to be nothing much more than just lighting up all over) but ultimately he was *the most* helpful by also noticing that its price tag had just the right color code mark on it that (instead of the day before when I first noticed it) meant I could take it home for *half price*. Call it SOLD -- I'll take that chance now, and into the truck it went for the ride home!

Further examination (+ more google, while also sucking spiderwebs outta its insides etc) shortly began to clue me more to its functions, which happily included (as I sorta suspected when first looking at it plugged in?) that the thing really *did* work, simply being in need of some 'secret reset procedure' to make it start moving again -- once I discovered how to do that, and armed (only) with the 20-ish loose tokens recovered from odd corners inside its cabinet while cleaning it out, suddenly it *did* accept the tokens, the buttons/reels/speakers started to do things, and all seemed good -- took a few more days after contacting the US company who's inner labels are the only ones in English until a nice little boxful of a few hundred more of those arrived in my mailbox from them, and YUPPERS -- WE'RE GOOD TO GO!!!

So well now, I guess I'm finally gonna have to figure out somewhere in my poor little already-quite-stuffed-ful little house to actually *put* the thing... (instead of sitting on a milk crate in the hall that is, where it landed coming in) At least it isn't *HUGE* (like my other few current 'coin-op' toys) so's I'll actually stand a chance to work it in somewhere...

Now I suppose I need to see if I can figure out how to add a few pics to this...wish me luck...

Attachment 92651Attachment 92652Attachment 92653Attachment 92654
    Last edited by compirate; 03-28-2019 at 07:39 PM.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to AnythingObscure