I received this Babel and after digging around I found, what I believe is, the method to reset the machine. I get it to the point where I can change the odd and the odds increment as expected but when I try to lock in the settings using the spin reel knob nothing seems to happen.

I'm suspecting this might be the spin reel know not working but Im not 100% how to test that. I've taken the knob and attempted to measure continuity and resistance while pressing the knob in different directions. I get no measurements which Im thinking is an indication the knob is the issue. I also do not see any lights on the main board light up when moving the knob but all the other front buttons seem to have a corresponding light on the main board.

1. Can someone tell me if this is the proper way to test the knob? And if not, the best way to test the knob.
2. Is there a way to "jumper" the pins where the knob plugs in to test without the knob? Looking at the internal workings of the knob it looks like it wouldnt be a straight jumper and would probably need something like a resistor to do, if its possible.
3. If the reset of the Babel is complete, what would be on the front display? Right now it displays the odd setting and I would assume it would do somethign to indicate the settings were "locked" in.
4. I already checked Ebay with no luck, are there any other places that sell replacement parts for the Babel?

Thank you for any help you can provide.