Hi! I finally had a chance to get my first machine! It is an Electrocoin Azteca. I can't get the darn thing to work! I bought it from facebook marketplace for $50, the display was funky and wouldn't show numbers on the LCD properly. I found it to be the large connection on the left most side of the main board. Now that I can read the display, I have two problems I can't seem find an answer to.

When I do a reset inside the machine with the key, it tends to get stuck in difficulty setting mode. I turn off the machine, turn the key, set the level, turn the machine off (both before I turn the key back, or after I turn the key back) and when I turn it back on, it is still stuck in difficulty mode, and can be adjusted, even with the key off. I finally get it out by chance with fiddling with it on-off-on-off, the key switch this way and that, etc. The key switch is working properly according to the LED on the main board. I am obviously not doing this right. What is the proper procedure?

The other problem is once I am out of that level set mode, my credit display shows a single zero. It will accept coins to the hopper, and the LED light on the main board blinks when a coin go through. It will not register a credit. There is also no music, just a soft buzz I can adjust with the volume switch. What am I missing here.

I should note, there is a metal prong setup in the very bottom right of the cabinet, below the hopper. There is a green and black set of wiring going to it, but there is nothing installed there. Am I missing something I need?

Please help if you have time. Thank you!