Thread: Finally bought a Powerflash!...was it worth it???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Finally bought a Powerflash!...was it worth it???

Checking the local (and NOT so local) pachinko listings on CL...I found a $175 Powerflash! 3 and a half hours north of me! I am not opposed to traveling for a pachinko...but I wasn't going to pay $175. Another seller 20 miles closer to me had a Yellow Cab for sale. I figured if negotiations on Powerflash failed...I could always get the Yellow Cab on the way home. So I made arrangemments to meet the PF seller and grabbed my transformer to test. Unfortunately, he said he has the machines in his truck...and would meet me when I got into town. I did not know he had any other machines for sale. Not that I cared...I was in it for the Powerflash!
    So off to Cleveland Ohio I go! My $250 Honda took the trip to the tune of 30.7 miles to the gallon. As soon as I.enter Cleveland...I get a $209 Speeding ticket! 79 in a 60. Thing that gets me is...the whole freeway was traveling at 75mph. I was in fact speeding...but 209 for going 4 mph faster than the pack seems a bit much. It put a BIG bummer on my whole trip.
    So I choose a random Cleveland exit, and call him from a pay phone that I could hear him...but he couldn't hear me. Went to a McD's for the free Wi-Fi and was able to borrow their phone. Sure enough...he met me in a drug store parking lot with three pachinko machines in the bed. A Comet II, a Heiwa, and the beloved Power Flash!
    Since I couldn't test it (I could have if I brought a power inverter ), I offered $100 untested. He was not ready to go that low. He would see my 100 if I bought all 3 at 100 each. Of course that wasn't gonna happen. I was not really wanting either of the other machines...I was simply wanted the Power Flash.
    He had got them 2 years ago with the hopes of fixing them up. Of course TIME is always in demand, and he never even touched them. He didn't want to take them back to storage...it was make a deal on all 3...or $175 for Power Flash! Long story short...we setteled on $150 for all 3.
    On the way back, I stopped to check out Yellow Cab. I couldn't justify $200 after ALL the money I've ran through so far! I did buy a modern in a cabinet (with about 250 rust free balls) for $100.
    Then there was the way home! It is now about 11pm, and in a rural area...and I get everloving lost! Using people and their confusing directions...or Google maps IF you could find a wi-fi connection. Away from the big city, most places with wi-fi were closed...and couldn't connect. In the end...I drove 128 miles before I found I71 to begin my 3 1/2 hour drive back!
    Made it back to Dayton around 8am. Locked my doors with 2 machines in the back seat, 1 in the passanger seat, and one in the trunk. Slept about 3 hours and got up to my usual 10 hr day at work.
    I just got home and unloaded the Honda, and carried all 4 upstairs. I haven't even tested PF yet! That is why, sadly...there are no pics yet. Even though I should go straight to bed...I must hook up the transformer and test it now!
    Pics will be posted soon!

2. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall