Thread: Nishijin Model B that I picked up tonight

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Nishijin Model B that I picked up tonight

I had to smuggle it in while my wife was in the shower.

Nishijin B for me. It is dirty and gross for most parts but then surprisingly clean in others. The back of the playfield the wood is nice and clean the rest is dirty. It seems to work mostly but needs a cleaning.

The little plastic window on the upper front tray is broken. The tulip right below the center feature if closed does not get any balls in it and I dropped balls in center feature and the hole above it multiple times and nothing makes it open. If I stick a ball into the tulip manually it will open and jackpot but once closed I don't know what opens it. Any ideas?

Each eye of the center feature has a little wing. One will always be up and the other down. If a ball runs down the outside and hits the one that is will divert the what I am guessing is a nose to the other side and the eyes will switch which is up arms which is down. By the nose switching it changes which side the ball goes down if it enters the center and will cause the tulips on left and right to open.

It has real glass, all my others are plexi and I like the glass sound but concerned about my youngest daughter getting hurt so may put plexi outside it.

They ran it with a 12 volt battery and you can see they wrapped the fuse in foil so that is a little scary and will need to be looked at.

It it came with a couple hundred balls and 99% look ok to use. It also came with documentation from when it was purchased and a crappy particle board stand that went into a dumpster on the way home. The owner was the original who's parents bought it for when he was a kid.

Date has a 50 but looks like is a 1975 model for photos I have looked at but I don't know.

I paid $20 for it.

Will post photos in a couple posts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Restoring the past - Super-8 and Signal

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Mrtoad