Thread: Pachinko silencer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko silencer

In my collection I have a couple of pachinko's which start up by sounding an alarm. Most of these stop sounding the alarm if you turn them on once in a while... except for one... the kyroraku stadium frame.
    This lets out a 30+ second alarm which is quite annoying to say the least.

Being tired of plugging my ears every time I start it up, I started thinking about a solution.
    The result came out in the form of this:
    DSC00854 (Large).jpg

This is a little timer circuit driving 2 relays for silencing up to 4 speakers... It is directly connected to a 24VAC power source for attaching to the transformer the pachinko uses. What it basically does is to disconnect the speaker wires (need to hook up every speaker to this print) for the first 50 seconds that the power is turned on.

I haven't been able to test this on a real machine, but I gave it a test run disconnecting power to a little led light, which worked flawlessly...
    I'm going to have to order new parts to make another one, because the one on picture is already sold to another member.

I was wondering if anybody is interested in having this for their own machines? I have no idea what it would cost if I have to 'mass' produce these, but I don't really expect it to be 'very cheap'. The parts for one of these cost me about 25$...

If anybody is interested I could also post a circuit diagram online for you to take out the soldering irons yourselves...

Let me know what you think of this little life saver.
    Pachinko: Horror Mansion, Hanamankai Kirameki, Ringu, Julie The Pinball, Yoon Sona, Hissatsu Shigotonin III, Hanafuda Monogatari
    Pachislo: Beatmania

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer