Thread: If I could only pass on a good deal

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default If I could only pass on a good deal

So I'm gone for a week and a half, and no new pachis on Craigslist, which I've vowed not to look at until I finish my current projects.... So, today I'm catching up on my Pachitalk happenings, and just for curiosity's sake, I go hit Craigslist just to see what's there (for the 3rd time today). New post, pachi $10... could it be true? Surely he left a zero off of the end (folks keep trying to sell ones that are in rough shape around here for $100+). Sure 'nuff, $10 and it was close by. So now I've got a Heiwa, I'm trying to figure out if it's a girl kisses the frog and get's a prince kind of theme, because there is a frog as the top attraction, and a boy and girl kissing as the main attraction. The good: it was $10, it worked after about 5 mins of tinkering, all the parts are there, it came with a good piece of plexi, the cell while water stained is bright, and the water stains aren't that bad, the laminate isn't chipped at all. The bad: corrosion on the frame is pretty bad, a little bit of bubbling under the chrome, and some definite pitting, the reset mech for the seesaw was actually corroded in place and took a little bit of persuasion to get moving (the see saw looks pristine however), it was dirty (aren't they all), had no balls (but did include an unidentified critter living in the shooter mech, that wasn't all that thrilled when I got him out with my shop vac). I was originally thinking it would be a parts machine, but it looks like this one will also be in line as another project. If anyone is counting (like my wife, probably the most understanding woman in the world) that makes 7... since July, and they're all in my living room... and I thought I could stop at just one...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 24 users say "Thanks" to ACMech