Thread: Yamato, Hasshin!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Yamato, Hasshin!!

So I got home tonight and found a note from FedEx that there was a nice heavy box in my backyard. The rain had been pouring down all day but luckily he double bagged it so there were no issues.

A few things to note with this frame... heavy as hell compared to a lumina, the outer frame sides are metal not wood, and the case seems to be stuffed much tighter with boards, cables, and other goodness.

Jeff(KimbaWLion) had given me a heads up that this was a fun game for us spaceboat fans - WOW was he spot on. The game does a great job of providing non-reach interruptions to keep you paying attention and the audio is perfect at the lower settings (volume knob built in).

The feed hopper design is much better engineered and you don't run into any jams(not that it occured a lot on the Lumina, but it did happen). There is sadly no overflow tray so keeping a regular one handy is a good idea as the hopper fills pretty fast.

The frame lighting is cool, but seems a little uneventful during regular gameplay. This is where the Lumina frame did a great job of color cycling to draw attention to the game.

The transformer looks a bit more bulky than the ones Hiro used, but S-P had to staple in a strip of 1x3 to screw it to. That was in turn stapled to the feet which were, yup you guessed it, stapled to the frame from the top and bottom. One of the feet came off in shipment (odd considering the 2.5" staples). This in turn caused the 1x3 to break off with the transformer in tow. I was able to get the other foot off and found a spot to tuck the transformer in the frame itself so all the extra junk is gone and I was able to evict Eva2 and pop it in my one complete cabinet.

The frame is only very slightly dirty but nothing beyond what it picked up in a container for a few weeks and a Parlor for a year. I think with a little 409, some Novus, and some Qtips she should look like new.

Some images below, but I put more including hi-rez here on Flickr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman
    Pachislo: Gundam II, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 4

2. The following 18 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon