Thread: New Year's Resolution: No More Lurking!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile New Year's Resolution: No More Lurking!

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to all!

Since the holiday season is largely about socializing, I think that this is a good time for me to stop lurking around in the shadows and finally post something.

Generally, I tend to not post on forums unless I believe I actually have something to contribute to the conversation. At the same time, I'm starting to realize that if I wait until I have something worthwhile to say -- I'll never speak. And I really should at least say "Hello." Therefore, this admittedly lengthy post is my overdue hello and introduction (I'm compensating for all the posts I didn't make previously)!

Although this is my first post, I have already interacted with a few other PachiTalk members. Hmm... let's see. I have previously messaged or emailed with:

Sid - When I first registered on Pachitalk, it was under the username "SpinStopStopStop." Although I did like that name, it was a bit clumsy to type and looked pretentiously long on the Pachitalk user list. So I decided to change my username to something shorter ("SpinCycle"). Unfortunately, once I created the new name I could not find any means within the User Control Panel to delete the original name. Well, that dilemma did not last long, as vBulletin alerted Sid of the duplicate usernames -- and he messaged me to see what my particular scam was. I soon had only one name again.

outdoorenth - I first contacted Rita to inquire about the availability of the Shake II pachislo through Blue Hotaru. At the time, they had Shake II in stock -- and at a great price, too. But, as I was new and uncertain, I waffled on the decision until they were no longer readily available (that noise you hear is me still kicking myself). Since then, I've purchased other items from Rita and I routinely scan bluehotaru.com for other fun necessities. I can say that Rita is one of the most friendly, tolerant, and customer-focused vendors I have ever encountered.

daverob - Yes, I have a dongle. And, not wanting a lonely dongle, I also purchased Dave's card reader interface. And, since more is better, I then also had to design custom artwork for the five smartcards I also purchased. And... now I have a second pachinko and am becoming increasingly afraid that I will do all of this all over again. Anyway, even though I haven't posted before, I have certainly read enough posts to know that everyone else already knows that daverob is a good guy who makes a great product.

In fact, everyone here seems to be good people; I can't wait to meet more!

OK -- Here are my pachis, in order of acquisition:

• Sammy "Popeye" Pachislo
    • Bisty "Looney Tunes" Pachinko
    • Taiyo "Apollo 1" (Maturi arepachi)

Popeye and Looney Tunes were purchased from pachi vendors. Both were clean, in excellent shape, and worked perfectly when delivered (aside from needing to replace three bulbs in the Looney Tunes).

I just bought the Apollo 1 last week from a local Craigslist seller. The seller was "not sure if it worked" -- which on Craigslist often signals that the seller knows that it doesn't work. But I do like to tinker with electro-mechanical toys, and we agreed on a pleasantly-low price, so I bought it and brought it home. The machine is cosmetically perfect. When I plugged it in, it worked fine until after I shot a bunch of balls. Then the balls stopped leaving the "launch pad" (yes, it's an Apollo pun) due to a ball jam at the bottom center of the ramp. When I opened the case and removed the small front panel, I discovered that there was a short length of yarn in the ball sensor that was causing the jam (they must have had cats as we do)! I removed the yarn, and everything works perfectly! I am currently painting the cabinet black to match my gameroom decor and the other pachi cabinets, and it will be reassembled and ready for the holiday guests.

Well, there's my first post. No real contribution to the forum, other than the fact that now there is one less lurker creeping around the shadowy corners of PachiTalk. In addition, since I do like to hear myself speak , it was also kind of cathartic for me and I feel much better now, thank you!

Merry Christmas, and best wishes for a safe and happy New Year!

~ Jeff

2. The following 21 users say "Thanks" to SpinCycle