Thread: New Arepachi just Acquired!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Arepachi just Acquired!!!

What are the chances? Just a short time ago Pachiball posted a thread on a Pachinko that he needed info on.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23059

I had never seen the Penguine machine before and was fascinated that a modern version of an Arepachi was made.

I had no idea and I love Arepachi machines. Goes to show how really dumb I can be, not that my electrical fauxpas with 7 Shock didnt already prove that!

Then Dishpan entered the thread and went into detail about the game. Then he mentioned another version and went on to say that there was another Arepachi that was similar called Apollo.

I went straight to the Research center and the Taiyo Homepage where for the first time I saw the machines.
    I have been on their page many times but always looking for their Vintage Arepachis never on their Pachinko pages where these machines were found.

Of course I had to have one of these machines for my Arepachi collection.

I couldnt believe I had never seen anything mentioned about them before! Not only that they really look great!!!
    Really high Tech looking from the text to the shooter knob (Which is angled) The engineers at Taiyo really put their heads into this and probably the Penguine as well. After all they invented the Arepachi and I assume these were the first Arepachis made after the laws were once again changed.

Needless to say these are top notch machines and this one puts all of my machines to shame even the Palot when it comes to design of components, Switches knobs fit and finish etc.

I figured they must be hard to comeby as I had never seen them, so I groveled without any shame to Pachiball via IM to see if he would be interested in selling his. OK OK so Im a low life.
    In his wisdom I was politely shown the door.

So there I am wishing that I could get one of these and searching through all of our usual vendors none were to be had, not even on Ebay Japan which has almost everything Pachi related.

2 nights ago I went on Craigslist NY and plugged in Pachinko just to see if this Modern Pachinko had been sold
    ( I dont remember the name) this guy was asking alot and his was the only Pachinko for the last few weeks listed.

His machine was still there LOL and there was a new ad listed. Donkey Kong and 2 other machines one fortune teller and 1 Pachinko $800.

I clicked on the ad to see what he had and my mouth dropped He had an Apollo!!!
    I couldnt believe it, No way impossible.

A quick email to the guy and boom arraingements were made to look at the machines.

I went last night to take a look. The DK was in great shape, the Fortuneteller was from the 70s but not like the kind we are used to seeing lately, it just had a Backglass with some lights and a picture of eyes and mystic things and said Destiny. You inserted a quarter then prompted by a small rectangular LCD strip on the flat part of the cabinet you would type your personal info, then a strip of paper would be given to you with your fortune.

The Apollo was in great condition but I didnt want the DK or Fortune teller No more bucks and no way to get them home. I made an offer for just the Arepachi and he accepted but now Dahlia might want the DK LOL( Hes selling it cheap)and he might just throw in the fortuneteller
    free! With delivery!!!

Well here it is the Apollo Arepachi but I would like to mention to the members that it is not a true Arepachi as Taiyo had originally made. On their original Arepachi machines you were payed out with TOKENS and the balls remained in the machine which is a big difference. (For reference view the Taiyo Electron vid on the homepage) these new machines are played more like Pachinko machines and payouts are with balls.

The Apollo1 is an incredible machine the design is fantastic and its made very well. The lights are really amazing It even appears to have a neon or neon type bulb just behind the moving spaceship in the Cell center. This light seems to cause the snow effect on the video I guess my cam isint that good LOL

The sounds are futuristic and suit the machine and its actions. Their is a little buzziness to some sounds so I will replace the speaker to see if that cures it. Its only bad to someone anal like me. Otherwise its just fine.

Its hard to see in the vid but as balls drop to the center of the cell from the V Tulip they swirl around whereby if your lucky they drop into the (Meteor avoiding Spaceship) and cause the bonus. At least I think its a Bonus LOL anyway it looks really cool but hard to see on the vid due to the lights. Its really great having a Pachinko with an Electromechanical center I dare say more interesting then a Video screen.

Of course I have no idea how to play it. I read Dishpans rules for the Penguine but I couldnt relate them exactly to this version and will have to pick his brain about the machine if he lets me.

One open question to anyone that can answer.

I placed a ball in the top center tulip to see what would happen. It opened and the ball managed to land in the spaceship and seemed to start a bonus but now the tulip has remained open, when does it close again?

I posted some pics, not the best as my cam just couldnt seem to focus last night and I made this quick (Probably my worst machine vid) Just to give an idea of the machine
    that appears to be in a bonus mode.

Once again if you get a chance get an Arepachi!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlUqlrtuxQg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 19 users say "Thanks" to Eddie