Thread: Pachinko Silencer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko Silencer

Project Goal is to be able to hit a fever mode at 10pm on a Tuesday night and not get complaints from the neighbors!

Everyone here knows about the audio volume issues and that's not what this is about. I'm trying to conjure up different methods for dampening the overall mechanical sound - especially the stuff happening in the back.

I'm still in the idea phase but things are moving forward quickly. Going to clean all the machines, stain the wood wall mounts, and then work on "silencing". First I'm gonna line the inside of the case (these are the cool cases you can get on E-bay that can switch from wall mount to table mount real fast) with some sound dampening pads - the kind used inside computers. Then I was going to put either cork, or foam on the wall behind the machine. Instead of having the sounds bounce off wood, plastic, and metal, it will be dampened instead of reflected.

Finally the ball trays in the back would be lined with a thin layer of cork. Instead of hearing an avalanche of balls hitting plastic when I'm pouring more in the reward hopper, it should just sound like balls hitting balls.

So combined with volume controls, I think this sound dampening should make for a very "apartment compatible" pachinko machine. I'll post some pics as the project unfolds

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Erniesan