Thread: 9 Drums Gladiator by Kyoraku

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 9 Drums Gladiator by Kyoraku

I got the 9 Drums all cleaned up, gave it a good look over and powered it up. (Yes all the bulbs work and I didn't get SHOCKED.) The machine seems to play fine. Even knowing about the P-Vibe (thank you Tulsa for the Museum entry) it scared the !&#^$%@!! out of me the first time it lit off. They should have put this in more machines. It would have been great in Star Wars while you are shooting at the fighters or Indy while riding in the rail car.

I have not found an on off switch but I did find the fuse on the power board and I think the reset button on the same board. It's orange with "RAM" above it. Yes the music does get stuck in your head but the 9 reels remind me of King Camel. Many color variations and they do have a "possessed" mind of their own at times. It is a fun machine to play and when a reach is in the works and a win occurs it goes wild and the balls do flow ! ! ! Tulsa's entry on it in the Museum really helped to understand the machine. If you have one and have not gone through that info do so. You can even click on the pages to see videos of the reels in action. The pages also explain the color changes of the reels and what they mean. Here is my question.

There are three ball tracks from the feed hopper to two ball motors. The front and middle track go to the lower motor and the rear track to the upper motor. I have never seen balls feed through the rear track via the upper motor. All tracks are clear (no Jambs) Swapped the motors and both work. The assembly for ball control at the upper motor spins freely with the motor out.

There is a micro switch on the rear ball track. I traced the wiring down to a PC board and did an Ohm check at that plug in. It does work. Circuit closed when balls are available and open when there are no balls. I have not read out the 5 wire connector from the upper ball motor to the PC board yet. (Have to get a smaller set of fine point meter leads or fine wire to jumper into the plug ends.

Could anyone that has this machine take a look at your ball flow and tell me when that upper motor kicks in for you and moves the balls in the rear track? I watched it even during a big win round and only the front and middle tracks flowed balls. The game plays fine but I know there is a problem.

Also trying to find a key for it as one did not come with the machine. The Lumina key fits but does not turn. If I can't find a key I'll have to do the "Gut the lock pins trick".

Pics are enclosed. I have the orange motor covers off to display them better. The last picture shows the two wire connection for the micro switch at the PC board. They are the white / black wires at the right side of the plug.

Best $76.00 I ever spent. No one else bid on it and the consignment shop did not put a reserve price on it.

Oh. One last Question. How do you close out on of these support tickets? I've searched the FAQ's but can't find the answer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by new in town; 09-09-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Added Text
    72 Pachi's, 36 Pachinko's, 2 Pallots, 3 Pinn's & 2 Pachinko Bar Signs. Links to About Me: pachijunkie's Videos

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to new in town