Thread: Blessed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Blessed

I wish to say this, for Pachitalk is like an extended family for me. Someone I care about vary much has passed and is now in heaven. I would like to give an idea of how I came to know this person and how much she meant to me.
    Not everyone gets to say they are blessed with having two moms and two dads. For me I was lucky as a child. My dad Gil, married my mom Lee and accepted the responsibilities of my brother, sisters and myself. He did not have to do this for we were not his children. That did not matter! Not once did I hear or see anything that could be otherwise. On the contrary, the love he had and showed us always shown clear. His ability to give and share his love extended to being a dad for another family who needed what he gave so freely. For this I was taught what a dad truly is and means to me. To be a dad a child does not need to be yours, only someone you can share your love and caring for and with.
    My parents always seamed to surround themselves with other people of good character, and who wished the best for others. Two of these people were Bev and Wilmer. In them I have grown to see the same beliefs as my parents. As a child I spent almost as much time at there house as I did my own. In time home could mean ether house. With the love shown to me by Bev and Wilmer along with the example Gil had set forth for me, believe I have been blessed with another mom and dad. Just like a mom Bev always tried to teach me what she could, especially about caring and treating others with kindness and respect. When you had a problem or needed advice she always helped, but without actually giving you the easy answer. She gave you what you needed to make the right choice on your own if you listened. Not that I always did and found out what is meant by a life lessen. Always reinforcing the teachings of others and adding to them whenever she could. she has always been a part of my well being and my belief in the goodness of others. My parents taught me through example some vary important things. One of the most important is surrounding yourself and in turn surrounding the ones you love with good people.
    Having a number of medical problems in the past years mainly consisting of strokes, diabetes, and some heart problems they came together in the last few weeks to cause Bev to be hospitalized. With the stress of procedures and her medical conditions working against each other she passed away Thursday morning. Services were this evening. Bev and all that she was will be greatly missed! I will think of Bev often and wish she was still here with us but will know in my heart that heaven is a better place for her. Laz.

2. The following 19 users say "Thanks" to Lazarus