Thread: New craigslist find, Sankyo Orochonpa 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New craigslist find, Sankyo Orochonpa 2

Howdy all Ive been reading a lot tonight, as my daughter an I rolled out to pick up a new pachinko machine today. New to us, that is. For the grand total of $35, we got a dirty machine and a box of rusted balls. (dont worry, got 500 fresh ones on the way)

But, I fired it up (seller says he did the same and was alarmed by the noise) and it all works. Can launch balls, and the payout works, but is jammed up a bit with old dirty balls. This machine was in storage, and the previous owner passed away. The lucky part is it was listed as a pinball machine, no mention of pachinko.

So, a few questions, stuff I havent found in the faq.

Can I quiet up the motor that runs full time?
    Does anyone know of a translated manual for this (specifically when it throws an error)?
    Can I pull the frame off to de-rust the chrome? The glass door opens.
    Can I swap in an available lock? Opening the lock isnt an issue, as I can access the front, and can pick one of those with ease.
    Has anyone made a rear cover for these? Ive got access to a vacuum molding machine, and could make up a thin enclosure to keep out dust / quiet it up a tad. Would rather not

Already have plans to build my own trays and maybe a return system, in my non-copious amount of spare time. My girl loves the lights and wants to play, so its probably going into the new office I am building for my side business (laser engraving, flatbed printing, etc), but since I list everything I have for insurance, is there a blue book available?
    2016-01-24 19.11.11.jpg
    2016-01-24 19.10.49.jpg
    2016-01-24 19.11.28.jpg

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Azzy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Re: New craigslist find, Sankyo Orochonpa 2

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Does anyone know of a translated manual for this (specifically when it throws an error)?
    Can I swap in an available lock? Opening the lock isnt an issue, as I can access the front, and can pick one of those with ease.
    Has anyone made a rear cover for these? Ive got access to a vacuum molding machine, and could make up a thin enclosure to keep out dust / quiet it up a tad. Would rather not

Already have plans to build my own trays and maybe a return system, in my non-copious amount of spare time. My girl loves the lights and wants to play, so its probably going into the new office I am building for my side business (laser engraving, flatbed printing, etc), but since I list everything I have for insurance, is there a blue book available?
    Replacing the motor that runs all the time may make it quieter. Only way to know is trial and error.

Members Hanabi or Drunken Clam might know of a translated manual. I didn't think that model had an error display.

Yes, you can pull the frame off to clean it up or paint it.

Yes, you can swap in a different lock.

I've not seen a back enclosure but have seen enclosed cabinets.

No official blue book price list. Insure for $500or $1000 and it will be more than covered. Sell for $50 to $300 on eBay commonly.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New craigslist find, Sankyo Orochonpa 2

I've got this exact same machine, it's got hilarious and quite distinctive fever music from the legendary Japanese folk singer Kawachiya Kikusuimaru!

As for the motor making a bit of noise; that's normal, mine also "buzzes" all the time it's plugged in...as do all 7 of my other Hanemono style (wing/arm type) machines to some extent....some more than others. I suspect the slight buzzing noise from the animated center features would never be noticed in a real pachinko parlor. Building a nice wall mounted cabinet does reduce the noise a bit in my experience and makes it much nicer to play.

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post

the motor is loud on oll of this generation of machine.. swaping it out would be hard to find the right size amp and speed..

im unsure if there is a manual

yes the fram can come off.. most of the time i polish them in place unless there a total mess..

i have had great luck taking the original lock to a local lock smith and have a new key cut to fit.. that way the key may fit other machines..

check out the cabinet section.. there are a few builds there of cabinets and frames that could easily have a back put on them..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    I've got this exact same machine, it's got hilarious and quite distinctive fever music from the legendary Japanese folk singer Kawachiya Kikusuimaru!

As for the motor making a bit of noise; that's normal, mine also "buzzes" all the time it's plugged in...as do all 7 of my other Hanemono style (wing/arm type) machines to some extent....some more than others. I suspect the slight buzzing noise from the animated center features would never be noticed in a real pachinko parlor. Building a nice wall mounted cabinet does reduce the noise a bit in my experience and makes it much nicer to play.

My wife mentioned the noise when I turned it on. She was upstairs....

Guess I'll have a look at the whole thing when I start cleaning it all up. I wonder if there is some shimming to be done with washers and whatnot. i've got material and a machine to cut them, so why not?

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Azzy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk! If the music is too loud, there is a 3 position volume switch inside the lower front door, near the speaker. I have a different machine in the same frame. I was kind of surprised that it only had one speaker.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is really good to know.

I just emptied the balls out of the machine, and thought I would clean them up. OUt of CLR, out of white vinegar... ah well, lets see how coke works (works on old chrome). More out of curiosity than anything else, Ive got fresh on the way.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Azzy