Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Coin op machine...info etc.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Coin op machine...info etc.

Just snagged another Vintage Pachinko,
    Gezz I must have between 15-20 Pachinkos and about 10-12 Pachislo,

So this one in different,
    The balls recycle, you pay a quarter to play it, it gives you a tray of balls for the coin, the tray is covered with a vacuum formed cover so the player can not touch ( or steal ) the balls,
    if you hit a pocket it appears it gives you that ball back and points on a digital read out in the upper right, under that is a credits counter.
    There is no bottom outer tray just a credits button,
    It has a "tilt" light too,

The bad,
    While it plays/works the digial read out doesn't score it is "stuck" on "000" the credits is stuck on "0"
    someone took the swing rod off the tilt so it doesn't work right now either,
    it has a large extra bell in the base that hasnt rang yet,

It has relays, fuses, switches, etc etc on what I will call the brain board,
    Not sure where to start on trouble shooting but appears to be a fun machine,
    Hoping someone might have the wiring diagram for it, that saves time,

I will post pictures here very soon,
    Many thanks!
    Cheers,
    P.
    "We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of the dreams"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Coin op machine...info etc.

Sounds like you have the common bar table top model. The coin-op machines seem kinda cool. I have yet to get a hold of one but I have seen many pop up for sale.

I don't know how to fix your problem exactly. Also I din't think anyone has a schematic for one of these. At least I don't think I have ever seen one.

I can't wait to see some picture of it.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I didnt know they were common,
    I have been popping in and out while trouble shooting it,
    Just the few moments of play while putzing with its issues I could see it being a lot of fun and no hopper to keep refilling,
    It really surprised me the lack of wiring diagrams for these things, I have lots of hobbies and with others we draw up wiring diagrams when they are hard to find to help the next person working on it, seems these machines are no where near as popular as I did believe, seems we are a small cult following who are all obsessed with them,

So far it "appears" to be 110v feeding 12 v stuff, it has 3 solenoids one works and appears to drop a ball that scored back into play, it has a micro switch so pretty easy -o but the one that dumps the balls when you pay for a credit doesnt work, electric signal.
    Cool you can adjust how many balls a coin gets you,
    The other solenoid appears to open all 3 tulips but also appears to be triggered by electric signal.
    When you drop in a coin there is a electric/mech counter inside the machine that does work, it's up in the 5K's
    Just the more important to me part that gives you balls doesnt work, I am opimistic because the digital display does light up...
    The fellow I got it from got it from his father in law who had it in a pub in the 70's,
    Okay, I will try to find my better canera and take some shots and go see if juice is getting to the other solenoids.

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Sounds like you have the common bar table top model. The coin-op machines seem kinda cool. I have yet to get a hold of one but I have seen many pop up for sale.

I don't know how to fix your problem exactly. Also I din't think anyone has a schematic for one of these. At least I don't think I have ever seen one.

I can't wait to see some picture of it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by The13bats View Post
    They aren't terribly common. There are about 3 styles of coin-ops though. And the bar top one with no stand is the one I see the most of.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

try searching for a "computer pachinko" and see if that helps ya...

i have 2 right now and have owned another.. there great machines when they work..

please post a few pics when ya have time
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I messed around with it and took a lot of large pictures, but will have to post them tomorrow night as I cant find the ^&*%# cable to my good camera.
    I looked at another thread, lots of talk about them not working and scoring high but sadly no talk about fixing them.
    My board is like the first one in that other thread except my chips are in the little plastic bases.
    I am a bit puzzled about the solenoid that opens three tulips, the wires go back to the brain board but I do not see where in the heck it gets the single to open all three tulips at once, could this be related to the electronic part of this game and opens them with scoring some way? or perhaps just opens when you pay to play.
    The other solenoid that should dump the balls when you pay to play is still DOA which is odd to me because the inside coin counter works...I would think if one works the other should, not in this case,
    While I believe that "tilt" froze these machine like American pinball I have to wonder if some bonus could freeze these machines you know like when the hopper runs out of jackpot balls and drops the win flag on the full old mech macnines.

So I did take the relays out, the 3rd one from the back turned off the light bulb that I thought was only suppose to flash when you got a jackpot not stay on steady, the other two relays did not effect anything, I swapped relays around but all stayed the same.
    there is a switch on the board that doesnt seem to make a difference where you have it flipped, what's it for?
    The solenoid that give your ball back that you hit a score with works shouldnt that also cause the digital readout to move up with higher score? again just because one related thing works doesnt mean they both do...
    So it would seem that the signal isn't getting to the digital display on mine as it just reads out all zeros be it for scoring or credits,
    It would be sweet to get this one working I can see me and my competive wife having hours of fun trying to out score each other.
    So does anyone even know for sure how these things worked when new and working right?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't own one...so I really don't know anything about troubleshooting them. It does seem that most of them have "issues" of some sort. I have always thought that they were bulky,and since space is always a premium...I have never really wanted one. However, everyone who has one that worked...or was able to make it work LOVES them! SO...now I am open to one...but, since it seems like almost ALL of them need SOME sort of repair...I am wary of putting down much money. Plus, the extra size and weight make shipping out of the question! I have seen them locally, but either much was wrong...or the price wasn't right. I know several members have them, some are probably even good at fixing them...I'm not one of them. However I was searching for Lt Teddy's videos of his to show proper operation. I do know that the payout is adjustable...I think from 4 to 7 balls, and upon start, ALL tulips open so all players get the same advantage. While searching...I found this thread, that I never seen before. Computer Pachinko missing a couple of ICsI It has 3 videos at the end with technical information WAY above my pay grade! The score LED'S are the problem. Not sure if the same problem as yours...but I thought you would enjoy it!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

It really surprised me the lack of wiring diagrams for these things, I have lots of hobbies and with others we draw up wiring diagrams when they are hard to find to help the next person working on it, seems these machines are no where near as popular as I did believe, seems we are a small cult following who are all obsessed with them,

True. But it takes someone willing to do it and take the pics. Build the info up. put it into the computer into a jpeg format, but it also requires the right person to have the right machine to do the trouble shooting.

I buy manuals from Japan for machines I have or might get, But these are rare and far between, and mostly service manuals for moderns, They don't have a schematic either just a break down of the layers and parts.
    Never seen on for an older one. but if I do, I'll be posting a link to it.
    Ian #UKPachinko

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have one with a stand that I got from Mopar. It is definitely one of my favorite machines. For the most part mine is working well although I have run into a problem with the solenoids on occasion. I am seriously considering replacing the board with a a pc. This should help with some of the reliability issues and give me the ability to modify gameplay and add some more sounds and lights. Definitely have other projects to work on first though.

Here are some pictures of mine:

Computer.jpgIMG_0570.jpgComputer Great White.jpg2012-05-11_19-19-17_362.jpg2012-05-10_16-28-33_179.jpg
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

hear is a vid of them machine i used to have card shark has it now

Lt Teddy's Computer Pachinko inside - YouTube

Lt Teddy's Computer Pachinko game play - YouTube

see if this helps ya out

something to keep in mind that the solonoid that open the 3 tulips only fires at the start of a new game when a quarter is inserted
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Several replies sorry if I jump around,
    I can't even start to say how jealous I am of the Jaws theme.
    Cool...I guessed right on the three tulips open when you pay for a game,
    Yes, I saw where I can adjust how many balls a coin buys you, that part is mech, I believe mine goes 4-6-8.
    So basically mine will not give a credit and will not give/keep score, not a reach to assume that is why my three tulips do not open, should the upper left from outside machine lamp stay on, I thought it only came on for jackpot.
    That would be cool if someone made a pc replacement board let me get first in line to buy one,
    Years back I had a friend, not great with the world or people he was the most brilliant mind I ever seen with electronics, ( but could not change the pads on his motorcycles brakes )
    Once I sat drinking a soda BS'ing with him he had all his "stuff" on the coffee table, 101 projects,
    he was busy on some project, tosses a old cassette case at me and says "Here"
    it had a part of a broken circuit board and all kinds of extra "stuff" I said what is it he said a fm transmitter, yeah, he sat there and made it from his mind in just a few minutes and it worked on either 12 or 9 volts.
    Same fellow "made" a CB radio, it only had the channels we all talked on...it had way too much power.
    Back to pachinko,

As I looked at all those chips on that board in the Pachinko I wished I knew where he went, no doubt in my mind the fellow would have it working in minutes, rewired or whatever it would have worked.
    Okay day dreaming time past,
    Most of that board is beyond me, I could rewire and make the solenoids work when I paid the coin to open the 3 tulips and dump the play balls but I have no clue where to start on why it wont keep score or credits...and keeping score is what makes this machine so very appealing to me, I dont think I have been think excited over pachinko since I first saw a new modern machine with LCD screen.
    How about the solenoids, 12 volt or ???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Coin op machine...info etc.

...should the upper left from outside machine lamp stay on, I thought it only came on for jackpot.

...and keeping score is what makes this machine so very appealing to me...

How about the solenoids, 12 volt or ???
    Had 2 similar machines in my past. One machine the corner and center lights were wired to stay on, the other machine had a functioning jackpot light. Typically, the corner light is the low reward light and the center feature is the jackpot light. It does vary.

Have you considered a GAKU counter to keep score? He doesn't sell them any longer on eBay but someone bought his last 500?

If you want to write a lot of code, it is a good arduino project.

Check the transformer to get a clue on voltage, my guess is they are 24V DC, but that is a guess.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

16. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I almost forgot about the Gaku pachicounter! For Sale - Gaku's Pachicounters I was thinking more about keeping it original. But if everything else works...at least this will keep score at a reasonable price. Not sure how many are left...only 500 at time of post.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bought one of those. They are pretty nice, price is very decent and it looks really easy to setup.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I picked up a couple of these. I intend to set up one on my T-Bird Powerflash. I haven't decided what I will use the second one on although my computer pachinko might be the winner. I am also studying up on PLC's (programmable logic controllers) and Ladder Logic. These appear to be the perfect solution to replacing the original circuit boards in a computer pachinko or arrangeball machine. It really will just be a matter of getting a PLC with enough inputs and outputs. This will also make it easier to customize game play and add lights and sounds to the machines.

I am just getting started on researching this but may start to move forward soon.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Coin op machine...info etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    I picked up a couple of these. I intend to set up one on my T-Bird Powerflash. I haven't decided what I will use the second one on although my computer pachinko might be the winner. I am also studying up on PLC's (programmable logic controllers) and Ladder Logic. These appear to be the perfect solution to replacing the original circuit boards in a computer pachinko or arrangeball machine. It really will just be a matter of getting a PLC with enough inputs and outputs. This will also make it easier to customize game play and add lights and sounds to the machines.

I am just getting started on researching this but may start to move forward soon.
    You may wish to consider the CLICK PLC from Automation Direct; if you go that route. I did reproduce the functions of the vintage CircuiT game and the vintage UFO game and posted the source code on pachitalk. Will attach the CircuiT zip file...

CircuiT.zip,

The drawback with PLCs (and Arduinos) is they can not source much current. So, relays are required for the servos.

Both the CLICK and the Arduino get ruined or partially ruined if the inputs get short circuited! It's not hard to have a crossed wire.

The Arduino has more inputs / outputs for the buck.

I struggle with the programming on either platform.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

22. The following user says "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm back with pictures,
    coin op 03.JPGcoin op 01.jpgcoin op 02.jpg

The counter is cool for some things but doesnt really help here, for me that is,
    I have had so many life demands I havent gotten to do much in my gaming machine world beside buy and play a little,
    But I did talk with a neighbor who writes codes for a living and another buddy who is in the PC/Electronics field,
    Neither were impressed with trouble shooting and fixing the board on it both agree update to PC type controls.
    But before I give up on that old board I want to talk to a fellow I used to rent games from for my club,
    He would trouble shoot and repair all kinds fo video games and pinballs out of his head.
    I wish I had not lost contact with one buddy who while he may or may not got the board the working the original way this fellow was such a electronics guru after I told him what the machine was suppose to do he would have made it do it "his way"
    I do have several other people that I consider gurus with electronics that if I handed them the board they could fix it, just a matter of if they have the time and I have the cash ( and time to pester them )
    ( I thought the Pachinko world was bigger and a thread like this would yield at least a couple people who you send them your board they fix it for a fee )
    All my babble seems like dead end fluff to me and makes me realize just because these machines are rare doesn't mean they are popular enough for any of the right people to have spent much time with them in a get them working sense or even answer questions like what is the switch for, what do the relays control?
    It's too bad that the mindset seems to be if it works you are lucky if not too bad.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to The13bats

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found this old link,
    Pachinko games tech. info, and for sale
    Go and download the PDF file on these, it might just help, I havent had time to really study it well yet,
    I called this fellow, he found this info on the net doesn't recall where and offered no further help besides saying he can get any of these working. ( excpet mine ) lol

26. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to The13bats

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"If you have a Satomi COMPUTER PACHINKO coin operated game here is the service info including schematics..."

I cannot get the link to work? Has anyone else been able to access the link?
    I'm not addicted to Pachinkos. I can quit at any time. Did I tell you about the three machines that I have on the way?

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Bigdog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for the link. This will definitely come in handy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast