Thread: Help Me Suss This Out: A Newbie Thread

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help Me Suss This Out: A Newbie Thread

Hi everybody!

So I've been playing my moderns for awhile now and I love them; so much action and visual stimulation. My knowledge has grown and I've become somewhat adept, thanks to you lot, at troubleshooting them. However, there are very simple things about the play that I either don't get or am unsure of and cannae seem to figure out for certain. (As a reference, the games I'm playing are Pink Panther, Popeye, and Saint Maria.)

4 Balls / 4 Icons: when you get a ball in the main pocket and subsequently 4 more, you see icons appear on the screen (Popeye = hearts, Saint Maria = violins, PP = numbers). Are these just extra spins that are stored up to 4 at a time, or do they also affect your chances of a fever or reach?

Reach: what is a reach, anyway? I cannae figure it out at all. Occasionally on Popeye I will hit the "Push" button and one of the hearts says "Reach". What am I supposed to do or try for?

"Push" Button: the action on these is different between machines. On Popeye it's a single push only, on Saint Maria it seems like it wants you to hit it a million times while little Mozart screams his head off at you each time (don't think it's ever lit up on PP). What are you trying to achieve when it lights up and you hit it? What triggers it to light up, is it random?

Fever: do the moderns have extra modes they stay in after playing through a fever round? My hanemonos just go back to square one; however, Popeye and PP have shown something in Japanese after getting through a fever round and the missus got PP into 3 successive fevers with countdowns from 100 on the screen between them. Was this due to sucessfully playing through the fever round, or due to something else entirely?

Thanks in advance!!
    12 Vintage Pachis - Super Soccer Stadium - Saint Maria - Pink Panther - Nishijin Pachinko Awards - Sammy Fruit Field - Magic Carpet - Flying Carpet - Mr. Fall - Dokanjima. Hanemono fan, musician, DJ, daydreamer...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help Me Suss This Out: A Newbie Thread

in popeye the 4 hearts are spins stored, most modern machine will hold 4 spins. a reach is when you have a chance to get a match of 3. sometimes it will take you to a mini scene, this brings attraction to the machine. no need to hit the chance button unless it lights up. the button is different on most machines. my woody woodpecker and mask machines have times where you hit the button as fast as you can to do certain things. popeye does not have that in the game play. some machines have different modes of play after a fever round. popeye tends to hit fevers in 3s. some have special modes they go into for a amount of spins. some have a 100 spin chance round after a fever round. on popeye when the lights around the speakers flash that means you have a good chance of getting another fever round. i think that covers the questions ya had. all modern machines have all kinds of different game play as far as chances, reaches, fevers, and special modes.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to djcasper_bpm

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To add ...once you have 4 spins stored up there is no need to try to get balls in the start pocket any more, because you can only store 4 and any more will waste the ball. When the count is below 4 again try again. When you get a reach sit back and enjoy the video.
    Machines I own: ...see my profile

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to outdoorenth

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

also, if your in the 100 spin, keep shooting even if you get 4 stocked spins. The wings under the start pocket open more often and longer, so you get a lot of little payouts. More noise and lights, can actually get ahead, a little

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to compirate