Thread: Token not registering

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Token not registering

Friend had a Yamasa Neo Planet in basement for about a year or so. He finally wiped it off and powered it up. Got E4 error message (RAM Error), after pressing reset button and turning machine on, it still does not "work". Appears that tokens are not being "read" by coin mechanism... Tokens just slide by without registering...Insert coin light is flashing... All lights are lit, LCD screen is working, no lights behind reels, I assume they light when coin is accepted? On the main board above the reels, I have the letters E and I lit when powered up...I am new to the game and forum and any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Token not registering

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to birdbrain

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The machine was not fully reset. I get that E1 if I do not turn on my Gamera after a month or so. The lights on the reels will come back on when the reset is complete. This is what I do...Turn off machine, turn reset key on power supply, set odds, hit handle down, turn key back. the reel lights come on and the error is gone.
    Youngjedi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did the reset procedure numerous times and cleared all the error codes. I was refering to the "motherboard" inside the machine above the reels when I meant that I have "E" and "I" lit when powered up...These are the LED's inside clear plastic case, not error codes. I no longer get any error codes in the display (coin in) window...Unit has been cleared and reset...The LED on the coin in slot flashes as it should, but when token is inserted, it justs drops thru without registering...The coin in readout remains at "0"...As if the photo diodes are dead...Does anyone have the same or similar machine? If so, when powered up, can you open door and see if the "E" and "I" LEDS are lit inside on the "motherboard"? At least I would know that it could be "bad" photo diodes on the token mechanism...Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

its possible that after sitting a year that some connections may need to be unplugged and reseated.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, I thought it might be a connection somewhere also...I checked ALL the connections twice, all are good...Don't know what else to do except replace the coin in mech. with one that has know working photo diodes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

we can just about guarantee it's a crappy connection or some such. rarely is it a bad part.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

check the slide where the coin drops- there may be a missing sensor or something of the sort..
    tayio elec matuir penguin. $100

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok I have one you can see it in my Avater 7th from the left (sorry bout the small pic) and am taking it down from the racking in a few minutes, I have had a similar issue with this unit that was solved by cleaning out the token acceptor tracks. Is the plastic piece just under the "coin loader there? AND can you send pictures of what you are seing?
    Last edited by teqkng; 11-20-2008 at 01:21 PM.
    A token for your thoughts???

TEQ. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I removed the coin mech and cleaned thoughly...It appears to be fine and all parts are there... Could be the photo diodes are shot...Maybe someone spilled soda on machine because I found a lot of residue on front.. Can you open your machine when powered up and see what LED's are lit on the "mother board" mounted on the back of the inside above the reels? I have LED "E" and LED "I" lit up...Want to make sure that this is correct...John is looking for a replacement coin mech for 15 bucks...
    Thanks...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I won another Yamasa machine off ebay for about 50 bucks...It is filthy, but it did have the TMA004A board with the 2 photo diodes on the token mechanism...I swapped the tiny board and installed the mech back in the PlanetT...Guess what ? It works fine !!!
    So now I need to replace the board or coin mech with a replacement...Hopefully John at Stealth Amusements will get back to me sometime this year...Thanks to all that tried to help...
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to gvt1911

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you might want to consider soldering jumper wires from the optic leads to the connector pins just follow the board traces .the board looks to be bubbled up around the solder connections possibly even broken . This would correct it .use a meter to check resistance from the pin to the solder connection on the optics i'll bet you'll find an open line.
    Jeff

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I did check the traces and I did find a open trace..I soldered wire over trace and check with DMM and all is good...Installed unit and nothing...I believe previous owner spilled soda pop on machine and removed said unit and washed it off with water,etc and then connected it up while wet...I did some playing around and believe one diode to be good and one doa as I did not get a reading on one with dmm...Will play around some more, but I do not think I can get it going...Anyone know where else I may get a replacement board? John at Stealth seems to be out of town...