Thread: Repair in Michigan?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Repair in Michigan?

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and new to pachinko machines! I just purchased a vintage (prolly 70s) pachinko and the bonus pay-out does not work. I'm hoping to find a repair service in Michigan that can help me to fix the machine, but I have been having trouble finding someone. If anyone has any ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to steph_pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Repair in Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by steph_pachinko View Post
    Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and new to pachinko machines! I just purchased a vintage (prolly 70s) pachinko and the bonus pay-out does not work. I'm hoping to find a repair service in Michigan that can help me to fix the machine, but I have been having trouble finding someone. If anyone has any ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    to pachitalk

Could you please post some pictures.

I don't know of anyone doing repair in Michigan. The only way you could find someone would maybe be a member and see if they will help you out.

Also by the sounds of it I think you might have a modern if it has a bonus round instead of a normal payout.

If you have any questions just ask. And once again welcome to PT.

-Max

100 machines and counting...

4. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

there are a few of us member that do repair work.. Im sure there is someone closer to ya then i am.. but if your willing to ship it i would be willing to take a look..

and of course.. please do post pics, we can sometimes help ya fix it your self..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hope I posted these pictures right!!! One is of the front of the machine and one is of the back. Unfortunately, I have the front kind of torn apart right now to clean it (the machine was VERY dirty when I got it!), but I hope you guys can see it good enough anyway! I know it is missing something for the bonus he said and the lights (lights aren't to big of a deal to me). To be honest I know very little about these machines, though they seem fun and very interesting!

Thanks everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to steph_pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I lightened up the pics for you.

Pachinko1.jpgPachinko2.jpg

You said you took some parts off for cleaning. I hope that means the whole front panel and the chrome frame. And the 2 pockets off the playfield. You also wouldn't happen to have the dump chute off the back as well?

I don't really see anything that we can't help you do yourself and have you save a few bucks.

I know the comet II machines have an issue with the jackpot see-saw but a member figured out how to fix that.

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I took off the front frame and panel. I do have the pockets as well. I have been looking through the forum and watched a few youtube videos linked on here, and it seems I am missing a part from the bonus mechanism and a part above the see saw mechanism. Unfortunately, not really knowing how this machine works is taking me in circles. Do you know of any places to order parts for these? I've noticed one of the "chutes" must be missing, but I can mold that from plastic fairly easily so mostly just the bonus parts. I'll try to post close up pics of what I think is missing.

Thank you so much for all your guys help!

12. The following user says "Thanks" to steph_pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok heres some pics of the parts that I think are missing something...advice appreciated Pachinko3.jpgPachinko4.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok heres some pics of the parts that I think are missing something...advice appreciated
    Yeah the main rocker arm is missing. That parts is really needed to make it work.

Nothing appears to be missing in the 2nd pic. Though that see-saw in the round window tends to stick and a member figured out how to fix that. I'll see if I can find the link to that thread.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I took off the front frame and panel. I do have the pockets as well. I have been looking through the forum and watched a few youtube videos linked on here, and it seems I am missing a part from the bonus mechanism and a part above the see saw mechanism. Unfortunately, not really knowing how this machine works is taking me in circles. Do you know of any places to order parts for these? I've noticed one of the "chutes" must be missing, but I can mold that from plastic fairly easily so mostly just the bonus parts. I'll try to post close up pics of what I think is missing.
    Glad to hear you have most the front parts.

There is no place to order parts from. The only way to get parts is to either find someone selling spares or to buy a machine for parts. (Not easy to do the 2nd option as you will want to save both machines.)

Usually you have to end up molding your own parts.

Oh and here is the thread on how to fix the see-saw. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...e-saw-fix.html

17. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman