Thread: Suggested First Modern.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Suggested First Modern.

Hey all, I recently let a Star Wars slip through my fingers (rent increase) and have kind of been kicking myself in the hind end since them.

I'm mostly a vintage pachinko guy (I have 3 vintage machines already). I'm wondering what would be a good first modern machine.

I'm looking to add this machine for me during Christmas and need to start saving. I'm wondering what some machines you would suggest are. Here's my criteria.

1. Availability. I need to be able to find one.
    2. Reliability. I know my way around a vintage machine, but the moderns with all their electronics are foreign to me. So I need one that will last, or at least has parts that can be replaced easily.
    3. Gameplay. I want a fun machine. The thing that gave me pause about Star Wars, is quite a few people said it's boring. Don't want a boring machine if I'm spending 300 to 500 dollars.
    4. Theme. I prefer science fiction themes. Star Wars, Star Trek, Space Cruiser Yamato (Star Blazers), etc. No girly themes please and not much into martial arts.
    5. Volume control. I know these things are LOUD. In fact someone in this forum said they had to quit playing because of noise complaints from the neighbors. I live in an apartment. My vintages make the familiar ball noise and bells, but some of these moderns, I hear are ear splitting. So I need either volume control, or the ability to add volume control

So I'm leaving it to the experts. What are your favorites? Also, how many balls do most moderns require? My vintages work fine with 500 a piece, but I hear that is at the low end for a modern.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2
    ----------> ----------> ....And so it goes...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Suggested First Modern.

at least a thousand balls, but, more is better

get a theme you like, there are loads of videos on youtube
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I recommend going through a supplier like Akimono or five brothers, that way they guarantee the machine, plus they will install volume controls and start you with 500 balls.

As for theme, that is a tough call. I loved the movie the Matrix and got the machine and love it.

Modern machines require more than vintages. You will need a minimum of 1500 balls. More is better. You will need to either buy a ball lifter or make some kind of hopper. Plenty of plans out there.

Finally I highly recommend a daverob dongle. Read up on what it does and you will see what a mean.

Hopefully this helps a little.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

instaling volume controls is easy.. find a machine ya like and install your own controls..

as for balls the try should hold 1000.. and like paul said... more is better..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not an expert, but I'll tell you about the machines i have.

1. Starwars - Fever is pretty boring but I love the videos that pop up. Better eye candy.
    2. Kung Fu Panda - Lots of fun! Having figured out the joystick on it yet...but the music is great! And the Japanese talking doesn't bug me too much because it sounds like it matches the theme!
    3. Tom and Jerry - LOVE IT! Fun videos, lots of animation.
    4. MATRIX- This is a rocking machine! Great music, pretty cool videos, and a light show all the time.

Well, that's my collection and if I had to rate any of these machines for being the top...I would say Tom and Jerry. Probably not the answer you were hoping on. Starwars is great but I don't think you are missing out too much.
    Joe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anyone have experience with this one?

http://www.akimono.com/test.php?num=...rs)%20Pachinko

I love Space Cruiser Yamato. I grew up watching Star Blazers as a kid.
    71 Nishijin "A" Bowling, 80's Nishijin Hit Parade , 05 Sankyo Star Wars, 07 Fuji Yamato 1, 09 Fuji Yamato 2

Thanks
    Thanks Received

No experience with the above mentioned. My vote currently would be matrix for sure. Looking to get a Ring 7 days curse when they are available to purchase.
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    Anyone have experience with this one?

http://www.akimono.com/test.php?num=...rs)%20Pachinko

I love Space Cruiser Yamato. I grew up watching Star Blazers as a kid.
    If you really like the series, it might be worth it, but there's never been anything particularly special about the series of pachinkos. It's a slightly above average model in terms of reach and animation variety, but compared to the best it still seems sparse.
    Currently Own: Nothing. I play mostly online now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    Hey all, I recently let a Star Wars slip through my fingers (rent increase) and have kind of been kicking myself in the hind end since them.

I'm mostly a vintage pachinko guy (I have 3 vintage machines already). I'm wondering what would be a good first modern machine.

I'm looking to add this machine for me during Christmas and need to start saving. I'm wondering what some machines you would suggest are. Here's my criteria.

1. Availability. I need to be able to find one.
    2. Reliability. I know my way around a vintage machine, but the moderns with all their electronics are foreign to me. So I need one that will last, or at least has parts that can be replaced easily.
    3. Gameplay. I want a fun machine. The thing that gave me pause about Star Wars, is quite a few people said it's boring. Don't want a boring machine if I'm spending 300 to 500 dollars.
    4. Theme. I prefer science fiction themes. Star Wars, Star Trek, Space Cruiser Yamato (Star Blazers), etc. No girly themes please and not much into martial arts.
    5. Volume control. I know these things are LOUD. In fact someone in this forum said they had to quit playing because of noise complaints from the neighbors. I live in an apartment. My vintages make the familiar ball noise and bells, but some of these moderns, I hear are ear splitting. So I need either volume control, or the ability to add volume control

So I'm leaving it to the experts. What are your favorites? Also, how many balls do most moderns require? My vintages work fine with 500 a piece, but I hear that is at the low end for a modern.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    Hi,
    I recommend: Macross, The Matrix, Tom and Jerry or 009 the Cyborg Soldier. These are FUN pachinko's!

Jerry
    PACHINKO, THE #1 DRUG!

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to portercbl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Two votes for Matrix and Tom and Jerry.

I wonder what the availability for a "Matrix" machine is. I live in south florida, so pachinkos are hard to come by. Will probably have to get it shipped.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I own both the Yamato 1 and 2... 2 has more than one... It is great having both but unless you really like the series like I do there are other ones that may catch your fancy better...

BUT as to your first depends on what you like! I like all of mine so to pick out one would be REALLY hard...
    The Matrix is awesome, I like my all mine PacheQue Next and Rave: Groove Adventure are my current new ones and AWESOME machines...
    Last edited by KimbaWLion; 06-13-2013 at 10:51 PM.
    I may not be the best guy, BUT I am not the bad guy!- Coop from Megas XLR

13. The following user says "Thanks" to KimbaWLion