Thread: All payouts equal? Second bell bypassed?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default All payouts equal? Second bell bypassed?

Is this right?

My Sankyo has two bells, one in the center and one to the right (when looking at the back). Whenever any ball wins, it rattles down, the entire center "jackpot" dumps, rides across an arm on the seesaw lever, and all the pays go out the right side. They end up in the top tray, along with the rest of the player's to-be-played-balls The played ball, once it's flipped the lever that opens the jackpot, plunks out into the spent ball bucket.

Nothing ever travels down the center. If it did, the balls would bang off the second bell and dump into the bottom tray, like any that didn't exit the launcher and fell back down

I tried to diagram it...

pachinko-pay.jpg

Since the attached files aren't great quality, here's a link to the full-size drawing: Dropbox - pachinko-pay.png

I think it has something to do with the lever arm shown in the picture (diagrammed orange and blue). The jackpot balls roll down the ramp and hop the gap over to ring the bell.

The area by this bell can fill up pretty quickly, especially when testing and fooling around. I can't imagine it's designed to overflow and dump balls back down the center, is it?

So, PachiWizards... is this working correctly? Is there supposed to be some way I can adjust how many balls it pays (it's probably about 15)? Or where the payout balls get dispensed?

Thanks, as always.

-Dito

(ps: Ya see? I manage to get it all working, now I have even more questions...)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: All payouts equal? Second bell bypassed?

The payout isn't adjustable on a model B machine. The second bell only comes into play when the upper tray is full then the payout balls move to the lower tray and hit the bell on the way down letting you know to empty the upper tray. And if you fill up both trays it will trigger a lever that will stop play until you empty the trays.

100 machines and counting...

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: All payouts equal? Second bell bypassed?

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    The payout isn't adjustable on a model B machine. The second bell only comes into play when the upper tray is full then the payout balls move to the lower tray and hit the bell on the way down letting you know to empty the upper tray. And if you fill up both trays it will trigger a lever that will stop play until you empty the trays.

FYI (interesting but use less tidbit)

the second bell will have a different tone to it.. so the player can hear the differance
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances