Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default any info on games?

I've been looking at several pachinko games:
    1.. WWE pro wrestling
    2. Dyanasty Warriors
    3.GTO
    4. Battle vixens ss

Anybody here own any of these machines? Anyone played any of these machines and which ones would you recommend? Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: any info on games?

I believe there was a thread about someone recently getting a Battle Vixens machine. I will see if I can find the thread and add a link here.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is the link, however not much info on the game. You might want to PM the member and see if they can provide some info.

Hello new to hobby

5. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You may want to find the original japanese game title and search YouTube for videos - they can give you a good idea of the gameplay design/audio. So for instance google translate Dynasty Warriors (真·三國無双) and Pachinko (パチンコ) and you get some good results.
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman
    Pachislo: Gundam II, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 4

7. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Although I'm new to the site, I've been trolling the site and I've noticed that several members have machines they own listed within their signature. So, Card Shark and Stu what machines are your favorite? What machines do you reccomend that are worth buying?

9. The following user says "Thanks" to smsnow101

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It really depends on your tastes. I only own one modern machine, "JAWS" (seemed like an appropriate machine for my game room theme).

Next to it is a "Great White" Computer Pachinko (seemed to tie in well with the theme).

Not sure what I would add next if I pick up another modern.

The rest of my collection in the Game Room are older machines or Pachislos.

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

we also have a database thread, detailing the pachinko titles currently owned by members

if this is of any interest to you

Pachinko Owners Database thread

It is very difficult to say what the 'best' machines are, as it all depends on the individual and their interests / themes

it makes for a very interesting topic, but all pachinkos are fantastic!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Really depends on what you are into - my pachinko/pachislot collection is all Anime themed (based mostly on what I watched as a kid in the 80's) but I also prefer newer machines with more bells and whistles like touchscreen, joysticks, etc. Some folks here prefer the old school designs, some like the arrangeball machines - some even like to customize and create a theme they want (Think sports teams or brand names like a Coke themed machine). The database here is a good place to search, and if you do some translations like I mentioned above you can search pachinkovista.com as they have a huge resource for machines.
    Stu www.animemecha.com
    Pachinko: Yamato CR1, Dai Yamato 2, The Galaxy Railways, Evangelion 2, Gatchaman

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright guys and gals, I'm throwing another question into the mix and please tell me if I need to start new threads. I see on a couple of ebay auctions that the Charlie Chaplin machine is listed as rare, is this an actual rare item or is it simply smoke? I'm actually thinking about buying Charlie or one called The Star King. (I've seen vids of both on youtube) The only problem that I have with them is both models look to have a few missing bells and whistles than other models. I'm a bit worried of having such a large investment become a dust catcher because it's simply boring to play and if it's a model that everyone owns resell value isn't going to be so high. Once again thanks guys and gals for all your time and effort.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Be careful with the "rare" deal, eBay has 2 of those machines listed right now, the black "rare" one and a yellow regular one about $100 cheaper - and the "Rare" is local pickup only in NY. Rare is really just a matter of how hard you are willing to look and wait. Resale on more niche titles may be harder to sell down the road versus more "popular" current titles. I won't argue Chaplin was great, but a more modern themed machine is going to get a ton more traction these days when you go to sell it just due to current popularity. Buy what you will love because I don't see these as an investment really - most of us know that as machines get older the price you can buy them for drops quite a bit - A title about 1yr old may fetch $600-$900 initially but 2 years out may only get $250-$350.
    Stu www.animemecha.com

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to StuTalon

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like larger screen anime models and more bells and whistles, like Cutie Honey, Evangelion, Dragon Monkey, etc.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

20. The following user says "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thought I'd throw in my "two cents worth".

I'am pretty new to Pachinko, myself and own 5 machines. I don't know that any one of them is better than the other. They are all unique in their own way, with lighting, special features and graphics. You get right down to it, on all of them, you turn the shooter knob and shoot for the start pocket.
    So, to me, I'd make sure that while I'am setting there shooting balls, I'd enjoy what I'am looking at. Basically, what theme do you like? I wouldn't enjoy a fighting theme machine, but that's just my preference. That's why they make so many different themes. If you like the theme of the machine, you will most likey enjoy playing it.

As far as a machine being "rare" or "hard to find". It's not like dealers are shipping in thousands of machines weekly. It's more like a container, twice a year and with a "handful" of dealers, in the USA, that's not many machines. So, they are are rare and hard to find.

Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinion's.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your selection also opens quite a lot when you are willing to import one directly from japan via yahoo japan auctions. So rare, only for the older moderns that have been imported and someone is actually willing to sell.

Most of us hang on to our machines. I have had both of mine less than a year, and can not see myself ever selling them.

I will echo what everyone else has said. Buy what you like, these are pretty sizeable, and will count as a piece of artwork on a wall. You can not help but see one when you walk into a room, so make sure you like it.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Shadowseer_Kim

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

This probably won't be helpful, but I just thought I'd just say something about "rare" and this hobby..

Rare and pachis are a weird thing..Since most pachis end up in the landfill or recycling plant after sometimes just a few months most surviving pachis are probably rare in that out of many thousands of a title only a few might still exist in the whole world.. But since we really have no clue how many of each still exist we have no idea how truly rare they actually are.. So there could be a pachi no one here has ever seen before and it might be the only one left in existence (not that we could know) and no one here would pay more than $50 for it cuz it may just look basic and stuff and then you have something like the first Star Wars which I would guess could possibly be the most common modern pachi in the US (I mean I know just one vender I think brought over 100 of them) So as far as moderns go its not rare, but even after almost a decade they can still sell for over $400!! So unlike a lot of other hobbies and things, rare doesn't always mean that much when it comes to pachi pricing..

As you can see we have a weird hobby..but thats ok, cuz most of us are weird!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

26. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wouldn't concern myself with how "rare" a machine is said to be. Many consider an arrangeball to be the most difficult to come by and there have been several pop up just recently. I also wouldn't focus too much on resale value. I would have a hard time seeing this hobby as one to make a profit off of. My personal opinion is if something appeals to you and fits your budget, go for it.

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Rare is always relative - and in this hobby, almost ALL of them enter that category, making the term essentially powerless.

Buy what you like - forget about values.
    There is always another machine around the corner...

30. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to candyflip