Thread: RaiRai Goku has dead Sections of lights

marvintm1

Default RaiRai Goku has dead Sections of lights

Long post.
    My RaiRai Goku has entire sections of dead lights.:smt009
    (looks just like a BabeL)
    1) Stack of Five To the left of wheels (the "bet" line lights).
    2) Stack of Four to the right of the wheels (Bounus, Replay, Wait, Insert Coin lights).
    3) The LED segment counter beneath the 4th wheel. (what does it do?)
    4) The LED segment counter beneath the center wheel. (what does it do?)

The distribution/connector board in the door feeds ALL of the switched and animated front panel display lights and everything else works but the ones listed. All lamps are good, and nothing responds to "wiggling" of cables ect.

The orange wires (current source) that feed power to them are common (parallel) to all other lights that DO work. So those arent an issue, and would seem to eliminate the connectors at the distribution board beneath the wheel. (maybe)

The white wires that go to each lamp individually are the control wires (current sinking) that go to the connector board, to a header cable connector, and back to the left hand board over the power supply.

I assume either,
    A) Wiring harnesses / connectors are flaky, although it would mean a large group of wires is bad (over 20).

B) This left hand board (?) is the next likely culprit too me. I assume that the lamps are switched at this board via commands from the MPU; it appears to have switching transistsors all over it. My guess is there is a single latch or flip-flop IC that drives this group and is bad. But is it on this board or the MPU?

Has anyone translated a factory tech manual for these things?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tech manuals, these are more rare than the machine on ebay! I can't say I've ever really seen one before. As far as the lights go, it could easily be one bad wire in the group of twenty. If it's the bet lights, put in three tokens, as the lights should now be lit and then go move each wire connected to the harness and see if you get anything at all.

Of course if you haven't already, try replacing a known working bulb with one of these.

It could be an IC board, but that would be at least as rare as the machines on ebay.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you could try unpluging and replugging the connectors, it could just not be making a good connection,

have you checked for possible bad fuse????
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Witch vendor did you get it from? Even if not on warranty they may still be Abel to help you. Laz.

marvintm1

After confirming the lamp wiring all the way back to the switching transistor array on the left hand board, and finding it intact, I abandoned any hope for lighting these via the machines own transistors. Everything tested fine downstream of the CPU line that turns on these transistors. So the CPU is not requesting them. OK fine.

After more discussion, I hear that this machine never lights these lights. Could have something to do with the coin status board not being hooked into a live system upstream for counting coins and hopper status as in a real parlor. Sooo......

A few nights of probing for the right connection points and bread boarding some things, It is done. Where there's a will, there's a way (to waste countless hours on stuff like this).

Basically, I used a Photo-transistor switch to pick up the status of the 5 volt 1,2,3 coin "in" status LED's that do work, and use these to switch 24v power to the bet line lights. So now, coin 1 lights up the middle, 2 coins light all three horizontal rows, and 3 coins add in the diagonal lights (plus Rai Rai's head.) I still must do the same for the right side "bonus" mode lights via the bonus mode LED's but hey, its good enough for now.

I checked the coin hopper wiring too. It seems there is a single line that gets powered to run the payout motor. Next project is to add a hidden button around back to feed coins out so I never have to open the machine again. I wonder if it will sense the coins going out unexpectedly and give a fault?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Try the connectors

my connectors on my forth reel was lose and I simply plugged it back in works fine now. Should be a large grope of wires going up to the sections. I could be wrong I own a different machine.

marvintm1

Default Re: RaiRai Goku has dead Sections of lights

As far as the right hand lights go, they DO light up during a bonus mode payout, contrary to what some vendors have told me. AND the counter under the 4th wheel turns on and counts total payout during bonus mode. The counter beneath the center wheel counts down the bonus rounds left. See my video at thread
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=49298

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"I checked the coin hopper wiring too. It seems there is a single line that gets powered to run the payout motor. Next project is to add a hidden button around back to feed coins out so I never have to open the machine again. I wonder if it will sense the coins going out unexpectedly and give a fault?"

I had tried that with my sakura fubuki and blew out either the hopper, the pw supply or both. And yes it should fault with unexpected coins.
    **Oh Hanabi**
    **Sakura Fubuki**
    **Babel**

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I dunno if this helps but here is my experience....

On my Rai Rai Goku the left side never went into bonus mode. I wasn't sure if the lights worked or not. I added one of the pachislousa.com coin up / autostop chips and noticed I had a burned out resistor on the reel stop board. I replaced the resistor and the very next time I ran 50 credits through I hit the left side bonus twice. May just be a coincidence but I had the machine 2 weeks and never had the left side light up and now all of a sudden it is going bezerk! I will let you know however my credit leds lit up before then.

It could also be an IC problem on the board level. That would be hard to troubleshoot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sambryan, out of curiosity, how did you notice the burnt out resistor? Was it physically burnt through and if so, what caused that?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It was pretty obvious. The middle was broken in half! I took a 103 off of an old video arcage game board and replaced it.