Thread: Somthing new I learned about lights

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Somthing new I learned about lights

I know i have read questions and answers about hooking up multiple machines...

with the acquisition of the vintage shooter and the Arepachi i learnd that the power source for these have a half voltage lead as well.. so hear is my solution to lighting several machines at once

the transformer i instaled in "circuit Racer" and the "vintage shooter" was bought a Radio Shack.. it is a 25.2 volt 2 amp transformer off the shelf.. i used the two red wires to run the solenoid and one red and the other yellow to run the lights.. yes i understand that i am running 12.6 volts thew a range of lights that are rated from 6 to 14 volts.. it will probably end up burning the lower voltage lights a little quickly but ill replace them with 9volt lights.. still a bit over power but nice bright lights.. im sure someone will be able to tell u how many machines u can run like this but i would have no problem running 3 or 4 off the same transformer.. since at most u would one or two lights on at the same time and only for a few seconds..i would bet u could run closer to 10

u could put the transformer in the first machine and daisy chain from one to the next but if u move one then the lights will not work on the machines further down the line.. i would solder leads off of transformer and then straight to each machine..

also another tip i have learned myself is to tin the bare ends that are screwed to the pachinko... they will last longer and not get all frayed if u unhook and rehook them a few times
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances