Thread: to neg or not?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default to neg or not?

I was wondering if you folks would be able to give me your impressions on my recent ebay experience. I am soon to leave feedback and was wondering whether people concur that a neg is warranted. The situation is as follows:

I won an auction after having previously sought quotation and confirmation that shipping to Japan would be OK with the seller. After the auction I recieved a mail almost straight away requesting payment so shipping could be organized the following day (understandable so I paid on the spot). 3 days later I get a refund mail from paypal with a short note saying that the machine was damaged during packing and would not be sent. I returned mail asking for more details, thinking perhaps the machine could be salvaged. 3 days later, still no reply. I wouldn't have cared if the seller had mailed me to explain the situation before the refund or been honest if there had been other shipping issues however I am now ready to leave some feedback.

What does everyone think, is a neg justified. I don't wanna be the bad guy or anything.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: to neg or not?

I would think a neutral would be proper for this, you did get your money back.

If they haven't left feedback for you they could give you a negative too!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You ended up no foul, I would just not leave any. Things happen and right now Japan is having a Typhoon.
    Think if this seller was not honorable and sent you a busted up machine. Cash out of the country is lost, no charge back.
    Damage can happen real easy, with the small space they have there, they stack things high.
    I am speaking with 4548 different auctions under my belt. You now know this seller is honorable to deal with. Turn it around how would you feel ?

Just leave none at all, to be fair.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with both either a neutral or nothing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The only time I use NEG is if I end up having to get ebay involved and end up out of pocket $25 for their use.

I had a SOB that felt that because UPS denied his damage claim that I was SOL. I let him know that I didn't package it, or choose the carrier but I did pay him for the shipping and insurance so he needed to make good on it. Ebay dispute center agreed with me. So he refunded me the $32 for the item but left me holding the bag on $38 of shipping. I re-involved the dispute center and they agreed with me again. This time they made him pay the $32 + $38 + $50 ( for both instances of the distpute center).

Until you get here. Don't fuss yourself over leaving Neg's

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Plasticsushi, I would take Arby's advice. He has the experience and I trust his judgement 100%
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Right now the typhoon is sitting on Japan, winds are 115 MPH plus. level of rain depends on location.
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the info guys. The machine I won was actually in the USA to be shipped to Japan so stacking or conditions wouldn't have been an issue however the advice still stands.

Thankyou for your thoughts

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh yeah, and it is really windy here now Arby! Yesterday we got loads of rain, The typhoon is stirring things up a little but not really restricting much. Even still, a nice sunny day wouldn't go astray, I guess we'll have to wait until it passes because that is when the weather is best!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have to admit, it is definitely different to hear a machine is making it's way BACK to Japan!

I agree, with others. If you feel inclined to leave feedback then neutral should be the worst offense you give. I would probably leave it alone though.
    Firewire

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree that doing nothing in your situation is the way to go.

Unless you have a feedback rating that a negative would not hurt. But most of us as buyers don't have that high of a feedback count so the negative this seller would give you would hurt you more than a neutral or negative given by you to them. This is where the system fails with Ebay. Large sellers can get away with a lot because they know we aren't going to want that negative feedback that we would get even if it was the right thing to do. A negative rating from you will do nothing to that seller. So we just tuck our tails and walk away from it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

While I agree with the others at this point you have your money back, so I would just write the whole auction off.

With that being said, there is something not right about this situation because I seriously doubt the unit was damaged in packaging it for shipping.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my point exactly Tulsa. All I wanted was a little honesty. Not that worried about the auction but I was kind of wondering about the sellers integrity!

Cheers

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This guy should get no rating. Even a neutral is a too strong negative. Just don't leave a rating at all. The seller did nothing to even deserve a neutral.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

None of my business, but would you share the eBay item number? It would help me to know who did this, as a pachi buyer like yourself. Also, I'm curious what machine attracted you sufficiently to have it shipped back "home"!

Of course, if you want to keep this confidential I completely understand! Thanks!
    [D] means [developement] [doramatic] [demention] and [design]