Thread: Rustys vintage database!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Rustys vintage database!

Rusty!!! Where are you???

I stumbled across rustys vintage pachinko database (for use by pachi-talk!).
    It's asking for a password. Can someone please help a fella out with a password?

Vintage Pachinko Database

Thanks

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to johnnynormal510

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Rustys vintage database!

OK... here's the deal. I've been working with Sid on trying to get something set up on the PachiTalk website so that it would be truly 'owned' by the users of PachiTalk. While Sid was working to determine how best to fit this into his website I've been working to figure out how to make it work. I've developed it to about 90% complete IF we decide to use the database approach I've been working on. There is the possiblity that this could happen with the software that Sid has in a format like the current 'Pachinko Museum'. All of this obviously takes time and effort and real life tends to get in the way.

I'm sure Sid will chime in here soon to put in his comments. I have learned that Sid's largest concern for a database being hosted outside of PachiTalk (on my personal website for example) is that should something happen to me, all the work and effort made by the community of PachiTalk could be lost. I totally understand Sid's feeling on this as he is looking out for his community and it's his commitment to the community of PachiTalk that drives his efforts. I have suggested a few options to resolve this concerns and I believe Sid to be exploring those options at this time.

As for as the current page is concerned, I had to have a place to test my code and database and allow for others that have been in this project with me to see how it is progressing. I have only a few entries made on the database so there's not a lot in content as of today. I've been working on the ability for others to update and add to the database but as you can imagine, this can be a bit tricky. Not only do I have to manage the data (text) that get's input, but I have to have the photo upload capability and to link to those photos to the right database entry. I'm also concerned with non-friendly users that my attempt to damage the database and/or post text and images none of us care to see.

So... since the cat's out of the bag... You can use the link shown above to access my database page. The current password for viewing is "PachiUser". You can also use the link below as it's the 'true link'. The one Johnny posted shows my 'sub-domain' entry of "getin.rustykey.com" which accesses exactly the same pages just allows me to circumvent my companies website blocking software.

Vintage Pachinko Database

I think it's pretty functional at this time with the filters and sorting options but again, this is just the beginning of the process. I figured once we had it up and running and there were more entries made, the filter and sorting may be augmented in order to make the researching easier and we might even learn a thing or two about how the machines progressed over time.

So... feel free to look at it and give me any suggestions that you may have. I'm sure Sid and I will be conversing soon to either use this format or move to another with similiar content and capabilities. Bear with us, I know it would be a benefit for the user of PachiTalk and I just want to make sure we do this right.

Thanks,
    Rusty Key

4. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I bigger concern is if we loose Sid. Sure hope there is a backup plan.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i think you guys are taking on a huge project and commend you both

keep us in the loop.. im sure we would all load pictures of our own pachinkos for others to use

i think the idea is great (kinda like bills web site) looking at other pachinkos is something i really like.. seeing what makes them all different and seeing the things that make them the same ..

again congrats on your undertaking
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i still cannot access that,but when it finally gets squared away,i think it would be an excellent addition to pachi talk!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Make sure you use the correct password including capitalizations!

PachiUser
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes indeed Rusty has put a lot of work into this and we hope to have all the linux/windows and hosting issues sorted soon.

so it can be a useful resource to our ever growing Vintage user base.

and just to put Wibbix and all others at ease.
    there actually is a back up plan, in case anything happens to Sid,
    although I never thought there was a reason to mention it.

Firstly one of the fellow Administrators still has full access to all aspects of PT in case of minor disturbances to Sid's life.

Secondly, in case of permanent disturbances to Sid's life there is an envelope named PachiTalk.com in my personal effects with complete instructions in regards to the website and what needs to be done and who needs to be notified.

so as you can understand I take PachiTalk very seriously and I wish to keep its best interests in mind with every action that is taken or not taken.

its a community of 3000 + people and a valuable resource for all things Pachinko and Pachislo. its not just 1 man show so I cant treat it as such.

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

10. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to Sid

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sid's response is the very reason I have not published nor pursued this on my own.

He is the man.
    Rusty Key

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm very excited to see the finished product!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes,capitilization is the key!now that i got that working,i can send in pictures of my machines.