Thread: Electrical Question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Electrical Question

I have an electrical question. I inherited (so I can't ask the dead guy) a Maruhon machine, decades old, I think. All I see in pictures are 9v batteries with 2 wires. This machine has a plastic (female) connector for three round pins. The first feeds a black wire, the second feeds a pair of green wires, and the third feeds a red wire. Any idea what suppies the power and a 3-pin male connector?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Electrical Question

I'm definitely not the one to help you out Dennis4242, but I will say "Hi" ,and Welcome to PachiTalk.

We certainly have members here that can answer you questions, but typically, pictures really are a plus when asking technical questions. If you can post a pic or two, I'm sure it would be appreciated!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk, here is a thread to help you get started. Make sure you click on the underlined section in some of the post for further help.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...-pachinko.html
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to johntofva

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dennis,

Here's how they normally work. The three pins are designed for one positive (hot), one negative (ground) and one switched to ground. Now, for the explaination. The first two, hot and ground, are basically the only two you should be concerned about. The voltage on these vintage machines are singlerly based one the light bulb voltage as that is really the only thing powered. In the early parlours the voltage was 10v which is kind of an odd voltage for the modern world. However, by utilizing a 9v or a 12v battery, you can usually make the old bulbs work and that's mostly due to the fact that they don't come on that often.

As for your 'setup', I'm just guessing here, I suspect that you will need to connect the positive from the battery to the connector with the 'red wire' and the negative to the 'black wire'. The other possiblity is having the negative connected to the 'two green wires' but this can be determined by 1)trial and error or 2)tracing the circuit out.

Here's what that third circuit connection is for. If you look at the hopper empty switch you will notice that it is on the 'grounded' side of the machines notification light. you will also notice that it connects to the ground AND to the third post in question. This designs allows for the 'grounding' to be sent through the third connection (the one in question) to a centrally located 'control panel' and that process turns on a light that indicates that particular machine is out of balls. This gives the operator of the parlour the ability to have one large central control board that indications when any machine in his parlour is out of balls. For most of us, this third connection is not connected to anything.

I've attached an image of a wiring diagram that I created from looking at mine. It'a bit crude, but it's a starting point that you could use.

Hope this helps!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rusty Key

6. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to wrkey

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like you got the info you need,

so I'll just say Welcome to PachiTalk Dennis4242!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...