Thread: Pachinko counters

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko counters

It looks like many pachinkos sold in Japan are "desktop" style. There's no frame and they are either cyclic or fully automatic. It seems that the automatic ones use a counter to keep track of wins and losses. See this link. (I'm not sure how long it will be good)

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b61398743

Has the technology of the counter made it to this country yet? I seems like one should plug in the same way a battle counter does.
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

2. The following user says "Thanks" to fhagar

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko counters

Cyclic only refers to a machine that the balls recirculate. These units work by either pressing a button or automatic (pulses the button press automatically, pulse rate varied by a knob). The counter can only count what the battle counter does - number of spins, bonuses, etc..., not necessarily 'wins and losses'. The counter they're using is a pedometer counter that they have connected wires to. As far as I know, there still isn't a system to count balls played to balls won that can be connected to a machine.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, compirate. I thought I'd read that we couldn't yet count wins and losses but it seemed that's what was being done in a lot of pics I've seen on Yahoo Japan. Oh to be able to read the language.
    I noticed in your review of Neo Powerful (museum) that the game can continue to play after running out of balls. How many wins will it store and can they be cancelled by a reset?
    Last edited by fhagar; 12-10-2005 at 10:19 PM.
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

With a "Hard Reset"
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

7. The following user says "Thanks" to arbycoffee

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by fhagar
    Thanks, compirate. I thought I'd read that we couldn't yet count wins and losses but it seemed that's what was being done in a lot of pics I've seen on Yahoo Japan. Oh to be able to read the language.
    I noticed in your review of Neo Powerful (museum) that the game can continue to play after running out of balls. How many wins will it store and can they be cancelled by a reset?
    There is a way to count wins and losses, but it takes some programming and electrical knowledge.
    The outer ball race in the playfield is metal and there is a small metal sliver that prevents the ball from going back down the track. I would think that a pair of wires connected to both these metal pieces should detect a ball passing (the ball completes the circuit between the two). Then, all the win pockets have to be connected to a count system that can tell how much each pocket is worth and count up accordingly. That subtracted from the 'balls played' count is wins (+) or loss (-).

I have no idea how many wins it keeps in memory. At least a full bonus. It then pay out from largest to smallest - first the 15's then 10's, 5's and then 3's. The payouts vary based on what pocket they go in.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate